Saturday, October 1, 2022

The Munsters (2022) review

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, earlier today I finally got to watch The Munsters on Netflix. No not the classic black & white sitcom show. A newer movie based on that show done by musician Rob Zombie. Yes the same guy who made his own horror movies as well as made his own Halloween movies. Halloween remake with it's sequel to clarify.

The Munsters acts like a prequel that answers many questions. Now for those who haven't seen the show or haven't seen this movie yet. I will try to keep spoilers away as I review the movie. I will say some praise I gotta mention here. The main cast done an amazing job doing those classic characters. The movie felt somewhat like The Three Stooges movie.

Let me rephase that since The Three Stooges are in a lot of movies. A more recent movie based on the characters under the same name. So the movie from the 2012 movie which is perfect to reference here. They nailed those characters incredibly well. I actually enjoyed the movie a lot more than expected. I don't even have much criticism except I simply wish there was slightly more Herman in the beginning.

I'm not going to lie, Herman Munster is one of my absolute favorite TV dads of all time. He comes off like this menacing figure to normal people yet turns out to be incredibly kind. This movie almost felt like the 90s Addams Family movies, I love those except for Addams Family Reunion. Let's just say we don't talk about that one lol.

The original show itself was inspired by The Addams Family show a few years prior. I should get the elephant out of the room here. Yes, both shows centers on an unusual family that's virtually outcasts to the community. Every little thing they do freaks people out. Of course, there's plenty of differences as well. I would say this is one of the better Munsters movies you can find.

I also felt despite this not being R rated which is a rating on most of Zombie's movies. He done a great job recreating the show. His wife, Sherri Moon Zombie plays Lily Monster. She starts in all of his movies, now that's something special. The Munsters is a movie that does a decent attempt recreating parts of why we love the original show.

In all honestly, being a Netflix movie may limit how to view the movie by other means. At the same time with Netflix becoming more automatically on technology, you have plenty of time to watch their works. The Munsters felt like a movie I waited a long time for. I also loved Zombie took some risks with the visuals in some scenes.

I hope this is as spoiler free as inhumanly possible. Considering stuff like newer Addams Family movies as well as Hotel Transylvania movies. I felt it was a good time for The Munsters to get the much needed reboot they deserved. Then again, my vision of Halloween is virtually throwing everything at people all suddenly, of course I support this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment