Saturday, October 1, 2022

Bloodsucking Bastards (2015)

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, I did hint I was going to review a vampire movie. I do have a particular vampire movie in mind. Bloodsucking Bastards, this was virtually what Shaun of the Dead was to zombie movies. It also is a comedy horror movie with twisted sense of humor. I would say this is one of the better comical vampire movies I seen.

Bloodsucking Bastards (2015)

This is about people working in an office building. It plays heavily off of a dead end job concept. They ended up with a new boss whose later revealed to be a vampire. Some unlikely people teams up to hunt vampires. This movie doesn't take itself seriously, you can tell the cast had a lot of fun here. Like Shaun of the Dead, Evan is fighting to save the woman he loves.

Yes this also plays like you need to kill the head vampire. In this particular case, he has to kill his boss. Indirectly, it kinda reminds me of another vampire movie called Fright Night. You know the movie where Charley notices his new neighbor is a vampire. He later kidnaps his girl friend, this movie does that as well.

I'm not calling this a rip off of Fright Night. Fright Night itself was a tribute to many things vampire. I was simply explaining a few similar story plot points both movies so happens to share. Bloodsucking Bastards doesn't hold back on the blood & gore either. In a great vampire movie, show or game you really wanna see blood everywhere.

This movie has some surprisingly funny scenes at times. I do love one of the security guard characters as well. Like the scene he explains he knew about the vampires. Just imagine, the very place you are working suddenly became a nest for vampires. Now that sounds exactly like a crazy possibility for a show like Supernatural.

Bloodsucking Bastards isn't going to be what you expected going in. I would say this movie does throw in some suspense early on when people started to go missing for a while. This went from a man who really wanted a promotion to virtually killed his career, see what I did there lol. Here's a movie I'm glad got pointed out during searching up vampire movies.

I'm one of those people who constantly wants more anything vampires. Video game wise, it's a little tricky process. Movie wise, there's plenty of great examples. But how many actual funny ones can you name? No we aren't counting Vampire's Kiss with Nicolas Cage. Bloodsucking Bastards is a big surprise in a few ways as you watch it.

I would see if you wanna see something a little unexpected vampire wise. Then by all means you need to go check this movie out. Bloodsucking Bastards is a surprisingly refreshing take on the genre. It doesn't suck at least not in a bad way. This movie I rather watch over Twilight movies, seriously that's not how vampires were meant to be used.

At least in Bloodsucking Bastards, they do follow the rules as well as weaknesses of vampires more closely. Look I'm not going to turn this into a suddenly full on rant towards Twilight. I simply dislike their usage of vampires let's move on. I will say this, the movie itself does have some surprises you won't see coming during a first time watching, please go check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment