Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Santa's Slay review

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, today I gotten a not well received Christmas horror movie. Santa's Slay where the real Santa goes around killing people. Already sounds ridiculous right? Oh don't worry it gets even harder to believe. In most Christmas horror movies with Santa killing people. Well it's people dressed up as Santa killing others.

Santa's Slay (2005)

Which should help this stand out from those Christmas horror movies. Santa had a bet with an angel an hundred years ago. If the angel won, Santa had to be nice for a century. Which ended up happening, Santa very quickly went back to his evil ways. I should mention this version so happens to be the son of the devil.

He is played by wrestler Goldberg too. Previously I seen wrestler Big Show as one of many Santas in Jingle All the Way. Some of these kill scenes are comical. Like using a star off a Christmas tree like a throwing star or shuriken. Unlike most versions of Santa, he just has one big nasty reindeer. Santa turns out to be a very ugly person.

He even kills people for fun as shown in a few scenes. Santa is a real prick in this movie. I prefer the prick Santa in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Christmas special. This was a few years before Universal done their Krampus movie coughs a way better movie. The concept of an evil Santa isn't entirely new. It just wasn't well executed here.

Also I know horror movies do have some ridiculous concepts. This is among those Christmas theme without question. I would say it's better than Jack Frost horror series. But not by a lot so don't give your Christmas cheers up. It turns out that angel gave up his powers including immortality to be with a woman. Later revealed to be this guy's grandfather.

Santa cheats the next bet grandpa angel attempted to use in order to stop him. Sadly Santa escapes, there wasn't a sequel yeah no surprise to anyone. It's not the worst Christmas horror movie concept. I'm sure there's even some I'm not aware of that's much worst in comparison. Santa's Slay does take itself very seriously.

If I had to be honest, Leprechaun 2 which takes place on St. Patrick's Day was a better movie. I know a lot of people are mixed on views of that movie. At least, that had some decent kills as well as felt more like it's holiday in comparison. Santa's Slay well it slays alright "Hey can we go watch something else?" LOL it isn't a good time for even a little while.

Unless you are among those constantly seeking out bad horror movies. Which there's plenty of those in the world. I can't even recommend it to those people because I don't think that appeal there either. I felt a good bad horror movie should be something watched with other people. At the same time, I already know this movie isn't a good time for even one person so don't even bother with a group of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment