Monday, October 10, 2022

American Horror Story seasons 1-9 review

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, personally I rather wished to be a little more caught up on American Horror Story. But I did watch seasons 1-9 through Netflix back when they were on the service. Now you have to get em on Hulu. I previously compared this to Tales from the Crypt show, another personal favorite of mine.

At this time, I didn't get to see Season 10 which had two stories neither Season 11 which is currently airing on TV. I just wanna make that crystal clear. I may also put a warning up, this show really doesn't hold back on the horror aspect. Even a handful of moments could be seen as nightmare fuel. If you get scared easily, I highly recommend you don't watch this show.

American Horror Story
Each season I watched covered one story. It was later revealed most of them are connected. This show was like it's own multiverse of horrific events with some fictional aspects thrown in for entertainment purposes. This was a huge show for FX & related channels. They often took real stories to adapt them into the show.

I felt that's the single scariest factor about it. Just knowing some of these characters are directly based on such horrible people. The quality of everything is notably higher than you would expect from an TV show. It's more movie quality with such great stories they tell. A couple notable stars including Kathy Bates among them.

This is a show that doesn't roll punches, no you better be prepared for one hell of a bumpy ride to Hell!!! I am not kidding, American Horror Story truly embodies what horror shows are at their very core. Of course, there's light moments with a couple leading to truly unpleasant moments not long afterwards. Yes they do bring in some supernatural aspects like ghosts, vampires, witches and more.

Personally up to 1984 season, most of what I had seen was a home run. Even with a few things I questioned. I actually own seasons 1-7 DVD box set, thanks to my amazing wife. My two favorite seasons were Asylum & Freak Show. I liked how different each season is from each other. They don't feel like another season like in most shows' cases.

No they felt more like they're own shows within a show concept. Which I felt a lot of people kinda had similar emotions about. American Horror Story has plenty of great things going for it. They don't shy away from truly horrific stuff. There's so many rememberable characters across the show. This show quickly became one of the absolute scariest to ever hit television.

I am not kidding, this show felt just perfect for Halloween. You really can't go wrong with it coughs 1984 for the most part. Oh okay I'll just get it out of my system, 1984 season is technically in it's own timeline thank god. They heavily played off 80s campy style horror movies. It actually gotten to the point, it turned me off a notable while before the season finale episode.

Usually I could back the overall theme of a particular season. You know something is wrong when they do it too much the wrong way. You rather watch the other seasons more, which I highly blame you for doing. Despite that season, it's mostly a decent horror show. I strongly felt you need to watch a season or two for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment