Saturday, October 29, 2022

Bonus Halloween Blog #42 MediEvil digital comic review (2019)

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, a few years ago I briefly mentioned in my MediEvil (PS4) review. Among the additional stuff you can buy with the game is a digital comic book. Well I think it's finally time to give that more proper respect by fully reviewing it here. Honestly, I don't have anything negative to say here.

MediEvil: Fate's Arrow (2019)

The comic itself was written by Chris Sorrell who came up with the story for MediEvil. Sadly following the game, he left the franchise. Although, parts of his designs is still present in MediEvil: Resurrection to a degree. At the beginning of the comic, for fans that always wanted to know which ending in MediEvil 2 was the canon ending.

In a surprising move, it turned out to be neither ending. Sir Daniel with Princess Kiya did use Professor Hamilton's time machine. Unfortunately the machine malfunctioned separating the couple. For Sir Daniel, he got sent back in time during a period. He still was alive while Zarok was an advisor to the king. We get to get to learn stuff we didn't think expect.

Such as Canny Tim was secretly a woman along. Sir Daniel's dog turned out to be a werewolf. If you haven't already figure it out by now. Parts of the story is a sequel but a huge amount of the story also a prequel too. Professor Darrow meets a mysterious figure that tells him all the stuff that happened. The figure in question is Sir Daniel disguised.

Sir Daniel does meet himself but later replaced him for the same battle he originally died in. So parts of the story we gotten from The Hall of Heroes in the original game suddenly lines up. Rather than being built on lies, I like that a lot. Sir Daniel gets an Egyptian eye prosthetic from Kiya. It's sad we don't see the two together again fully.

I will say the way the story was told was done well. The artwork is among the finest in the franchise. Not only that, we get to learn even more about Sir Daniel too. Not as much about Zarok but that's fine. I should point out the Jabberwocky does appear in the comic too. Honestly, it was a decent comic for what it is.

Sadly the closest we'll ever get to MediEvil 3. At least it happened in some form right? MediEvil 2, I still enjoyed myself. Of course, the original will always be my favorite entry but this comic currently my second favorite. It just felt more how the franchise should've went to me. But hey even MediEvil 2 was way better than MediEvil: Resurrection so that's a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment