Sunday, October 23, 2022

Bonus Halloween Blog #4 Eight Legged Freaks (2002)

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, I figured to do a personal favorite parody horror movie. Both me and my wife enjoy a lot, Eight Legged Freaks. Don't worry, this isn't going to be an negative review. I felt Mr. Arquette deserves respect following Scream (2022). So that's another reason why I chosen to do this blog post.

I also wanna say I haven't directly talked much about the movie in years. Once in a blue moon, I may mentioned it but that isn't doing this justice.

Eight Legged Freaks (2002)
This is a parody of a few horror movie eras in particular relating to creatures grown larger due to some form of chemicals especially nuclear waste. Usually I'm not crazy for spiders in general. But I will say this movie quickly grew on me over the years. I should point out, this came out the same year as Spider-Man movie with Tobey Maguire.

I guess people are obsessed with spiders lol. Also you should expect a high body count. It's crazy how both sides kills each other during the movie. What's crazier is the main spider expert in the movie so happens to be a kid. Movies like this makes dealing with spiders much worse than snakes. There's also an interesting variety of spiders in the movie too.

One of the weirdest plot points is out of all the spiders there's only one female. Here's a true spider fact not a lot of people knows. Female spiders are slightly bigger than male ones. There's some crazy scenes in this movie too. Like a group of people riding dirt bikes gets chased by giant spiders. I highly doubt you'll see that anywhere else.

Spiders are so cruel in this movie. They don't care about your family or your pets. They will come after anyone they see as a threat. Some spiders gets notably bigger in size from each other. This is essentially the Shaun of the Dead of giant spider movies. Considering, Shaun of the Dead came out two years after this, that's a fair statement.

I do wanna point out how much I love Arquette in this movie too. He gets some of the more rememberable lines in the movie. Including the famous "Get away from me, you eight legged freaks!!!" I love hearing that. Eventually, people gathered together to take on these spiders. This is on the verge of becoming a full infestation.

I do love a lot of jokes they do through out the movie. Yes I know a lot of people have a fear of spiders. I highly doubt any of them would even given the lighter scenes a try. Eight Legged Freaks also has a few stars you may recognized. Trust me, you might even be surprised by some of these names, I sure was.

1. Scarlett Johansson
2. Kari Wuhrer
3. Rick Overton

Johansson is more strangely interesting because eventually Spider-Man came to Marvel Cinematic Universe. I guess she couldn't get enough spiders lol. Later on, they figured out where the spiders are coming from. They ended up blowing em up in such a huge explosion. I felt this movie often gets forgotten about in parody horror movies.

You can bet there's some nasty scenes. I do liked in the end, humans came together. Let's be honest, if this were real. A lot of people would've quickly attempted getting away. Rather than having to deal with those spiders. This is still one of my favorite movies with Arquette that's not Scream related. Eight Legged Freaks is something you gotta watch.

Even just once you won't forget about the movie. How could you forget about so many spiders killing people? People had an easier time dealing with hordes of zombies in several similar movies as well as shows. These spiders aren't stupid either. A lot of human characters sure why not? Of course, they had the trap spiders too making things trickier.

One of my favorite scenes is the group forgets to get ready. They had to get told "Get ready!!!" I like that too. You can tell they tried taking things seriously. But come on you knew they had to sneak in some jokes. Otherwise, you can't call it a parody horror movie. It's safe to say this is my favorite spider movie ever.

Eight Legged Freaks is possibly one of the most unexpected creature movies I ever seen. I don't often watch creature films but I seen enough to have a good idea. Which ones I like to those I could care less about. This movie felt like one big joke that surprisingly worked. Honestly, I do recommend this to people who simply wants a good time with other people make sure to get your popcorn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment