Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Blood Red Sky review

Hello I'm XboxClown89, today on Netflix I seen an vampire movie I haven't seen before. I never thought I'll see an airplane movie with vampires. I am talking about Blood Red Sky. This is a little over two hours long movie but somehow it worked. I clearly got some exciting stuff to talk about here. I always want more vampire movies, this was refreshing for me.

I also should point out this is originally a German film. Parts of my family heritage came from Germany.

Blood Red Sky (2021)
The movie follows a handful of characters mostly a mom, her son and this stranger they met at the airport. The mom held her condition until a mistake caused by her son forced things to go into a rather unexpected direction. This is essentially similar to another movie Air Force One minus the president with his plane. A group of hijackers quickly took over an plane.

Eventually, the mom's secret gets revealed she became a vampire. They do show flashbacks how they happened along a few other things. I do liked how the movie handled her struggling so hard to be her rather than a blood thirsty monster. Later on, some of the hijackers became vampires. Which later caused most people on board to also become vampires.

Just imagine a potential vampire nest flying with a lot of vampires inside. We do see the son who does what he can to help his mom out at times. A man I previously mentioned did make a promise to take care of the boy if anything happens to her. I gotta mention, the leader of the hijackers is played by Dominic Purcell.

This is strangely interesting for a few reasons. Purcell previously played Draka whose actually Dracula in Blade: Trinity. He also plays Mick Rory, who used to be a similar character up to a point. Although, he wasn't the one in charge back in his criminal days. Some scenes like the little dog got killed was hard to watch.

This movie felt like an unlikely heroine mostly stopped things before they gotten worse. They actually had a backup plan to kill all the vampires at once. The detonator was given to the son who blew that plane up with what used to be his mother. I do like how they went about this concept. There's ways it could've not worked.

Blood Red Sky is a good Netflix vampire movie. Yeah it may a little long for some but you can always find it on Netflix. I do like how they went about the vampires. It's way better than Twilight series, you can count on me throwing salt on that. I don't have much criticisms except I watched the English version. You can tell in some scenes, whoever voiced the boy is notably off.

It's almost as notable as some Godzilla movies. Overall, the gore itself was satisfying enough. You kinda wish more people would've survived. People at an airport the plane eventually blew up at almost made a major mistake. In the end, you are happy someone is going to take care of the boy. Otherwise, I would've want something decent happen for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment