Thursday, October 20, 2022

The Unlucky Thirteen #2 The Curse of Bridge Hollow (2022)

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, today is another Halloween movie I watched with my amazing wife. It is a Netflix movie called The Curse of Bridge Hollow. This is more of a movie you watch with your family. It's one of those curse movies where the characters have to stop something bad from happening. I actually got a lot to say about the movie itself.

The Curse of Bridge Hollow (2022)
It has a family who recently moved on. So happens to be close to Halloween. The dad was quickly familiar to me, he was played by Marlon Wayans. He's quite famous in a lot of comedy stuff like In Living Color and Scary Movies series. Their one neighbor is played by a similar reception comedian Rob Riggle. He plays an officer in The Hungover as well as Frank West in Dead Rising: Watchtower.

I quickly realized the actress playing as the daughter. Priah Ferguson who many people recognized off of a Netflix show Stranger Things. One of these days I'm going to talk about that show. A small spoiler, it isn't in this line up of Halloween blog marathon. The movie centers on a curse the family unleashed by accident.

Which causes many Halloween decorations to come to live. Now why is that strikingly familiar? Oh I know Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween had a similar concept. A major difference is in Goosebumps 2, whatever Slappy used his magic on became actual creatures. Some of them are shared between the two movies as well.

Such as a giant spider and witches to name a few. The family's relationship does change notably through out the movie. I didn't expect to see football Skeletons, I love skeletons oh okay lol. They also needed a particular book to prevent an evil spirit making everyday Halloween. Which had to be stopped by midnight following Halloween.

Oddly, this reminded me of both Hocus Pocus movies. Considering witches are in those too, I felt justify referencing them. I will say my favorite scene involves a chainsaw. For a few seconds, that scene reminded me of Evil Dead series yeah. For those who watched Evil Dead series. The main character Ash has a chainsaw later modified to replace his missing hand to take on the Deadnites.

In some occasions the Deadnites do appear as skeletons. Now you also can't blame me for that either. The mom wanted to be healthy food wise for Halloween but no one liked what she baked. I didn't like the mayor, she kinda a bitch. I do like how we can tell what's brought to life by the glowing red eyes. They also made contact with a relative of the person who trapped the evil spirit.

They later made direct contact with her deceased grandma's soul. Who ended up helping a lot than what they were expecting. There was a good variety of creatures in this movie. Personally, you like already seen this coming. I gotta mention it, I really liked the evil clown characters. Especially the fat clown whose missing an arm.

This movie did feel like something you should watch close to and on Halloween. But to be honest, it could've had a few small changes that would've went a long way. I recommend you should consider Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween, which is the better movie. Keep in mind, that came out in 2018 while this movie came out this year.

I don't wanna see it rip that Goosebumps movie because there's plenty of major differences. You just can't shake the feeling you may be seeing double after watching them after each other. I did want Wayans to stand out more than he does in a handful of scenes. He was Shorty in Scary Movies series after all.

I would say this could be a fun time for the kids. Just don't be surprise they prefer to do something else or watch another movie. I'm not saying The Curse of Bridge Hollow is bad, it isn't. To me, it just felt like it played too much on a similar concept movie. At the same time, it didn't do enough to differ itself leading to why I ultimately prefer Goosebumps 2 more in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment