Sunday, October 9, 2022

All Addams Family movies review (five movies)

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, today we gotten a new trailer for Wednesday spin off show. Which is coming to Netflix oddly enough two days after my birthday. I figured why not review all five movies based on The Addams Family? Yes I even seen Addams Family Reunion while I still had it on VHS tape years ago.

The Addams Family (1991) and Addams Family Values (1993)
I strongly felt this short lived movie series still one of my favorite movies for Halloween. Everything was done amazingly well in both movies. I really don't have much to criticize myself. I felt this was one of the finest casts to portray the Addams Family. These quickly became timeless classics you just gotta keep rewatching.

I remembered watching both of them a lot growing up. Along with an old cartoon show based on them, these is how I gotten into The Addams Family. What else can I say that already haven't been said a thousand of times before? I highly recommend watching both of them close to or on Halloween. I wouldn't even change a single thing about either movie, they're that damn good.

Addams Family Reunion (1998)
Not a lot of people are even aware this direct to video movie exists. Sadly it does, only two particular members of the cast being Christopher Hart's hand as Thing & Carel Struycken as Lurch. You might recalled Struycken in Gerald's Game movie on Netflix. Originally in development with The New Addams Family show.

They were attempting to reboot the franchise. There were several factors that caused Saban to go this route. Addams Family Values didn't do as well as the original movie. The death of Raul Julia who played Gomez Addams. They thought it was wiser to do direct to video route, it wasn't. Not to mention, any ideas pitched quickly got rejected.

Usually when this happens to something beloved you know you're in for a terrible time. They decided to do a family reunion plot but they went to the wrong family reunion. This movie quickly doesn't feel like anything Addams Family related. Even the casts doesn't do their respective characters right. Let's be honest, this Addams Family movie was doomed from the start.

You can't even find this on DVD or any streaming services. Either it got so disliked to not receive those or not enough people knew about the movie or both. Personally, those hiding under a rock where's a spot I could join in. Trust me, it's way better than actually sitting down watching this garbage. I highly recommend even given a small chance to watch it just go do something else it's not worth seeing.

Hell if you don't believe me it's so bad. You can go look up a trailer of the movie. If this doesn't make you upset or quickly turn the video off then something is wrong with you. The New Addams Family show wasn't much better but it had a few select things over this. Honestly, this movie felt like they weren't even trying to be edgy but rather corny like the classic Addams Family show.

It did work for that show because people were more use to stuff like that around then. Of course, it wasn't going to work now because people wanted something different with these characters. Which Wednesday show itself is already doing it's own thing. Now that I do respect that but you had the legendary Tim Curry himself yet not even he could've save this movie!!!

Keep in mind, Curry was heavily present during the 90s across movies, shows and even a few video games. There's no question, he was suppose to be this movie's Raul Julia. The writers weren't able to use anyone properly greatly limited the potential this movie had. Addams Family Reunion isn't even the best title for this, you know when the title doesn't do justice you're in for a suckfest.

The Addams Family (2019) and The Addams Family 2 (2021)
The newer animated Addams Family movie series. In all honestly, I was surprised how much I liked both of them. You can tell everything involved had a lot of fun making these. Some huge stars were involved that fits their respective characters just right. Like Nick Kroll voices Fester is widely known for his Netflix show Big Mouth as well as Human Resources.

I do liked both movies does explore more about the actual family's roots. Which the more recent Munsters movie on Netflix done as well. I would say just like the good 90s Addams Family movies, they're very decent films. I also liked how creative they gotten with both movies too. Something greatly lacking in Addams Family Reunion.

You quickly felt their presence yet you constantly wanted more of them. I would say these turned out way better than I expected. We have this controlling TV star that kept crossing lines even with her fans. The second movie we had an evil scientist that further fit into the theme. I will say there are some funny moments in both movies.

These movies already made up for the abomination we know as Addams Family Reunion. Oh you can count I'm going to keep giving it salt because that wasn't an Addams Family movie we wanted. Here, they made some notable changes that worked with their vision of the characters. At the same time, they kept up their respects to what's already there like a more proper reboot should do.

There's no question, if you like The Addams Family. Chances are you likely going to enjoy these movies. The fact I'm only telling you to not watch one Addams Family movie is already a great sign. Halloween with The Addams Family or The Munsters to me isn't Halloween at all!!! I also wouldn't change anything about these movies, I do enjoy both of them a lot in their own right.

Which Addams Family movie is my overall favorite?

I know someone likely wanna know which Addams Family movie was my overall favorite? In all honestly, most of them are great movies that quickly became timeless classics. Addams Family Reunion is a timeless piece of filth that no one should remember or at least we all can pretend it doesn't exists. If I had to pick the one I could rewatch the most out of them all it has to be The Addams Family (1991).

No disrespect to the more recent Addams Family movie series, those are still quite rewatchable too. I would even say those are better than Addams Family Value. But it's hard to compete with a movie this well done. You absolutely felt everything you possibly could ever want in an Addams Family movie. To me, that's how I truly felt about that Addams Family movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment