Thursday, October 6, 2022

My thoughts on Violent Night trailer

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, today I wanna talk about a particular movie trailer that came out very recently. It is called Violent Night, which is a strangely funny take on Christmas. Honestly, I didn't even knew about the movie before I originally seen the trailer in question. I ended up loving it so much, you can count on me watching it this December.

The best way to describe this is remember the first two Die Hard movies took place on Christmas? Well this is going even further by replacing John McClane with Santa Claus. I know it sounds stupid but man that trailer was so funny. We even got the guy who played Hooper on Stranger Things show. I seen a variety of different takes on the character over the years.

Then again most people in the world has at this point too so that's no surprise. Violent Night seems to have my twisted sense of humor because some scenes they shown. It's interesting Universal who previously done Krampus movie is responsible for this. We gotten a horror movie based on the Christmas demon. Now we suddenly have this comedy action Christmas movie with Santa.

I am very happy to see John Leguizamo. He's one of my favorite neutral actors since he kept switching playing good & evil characters. Personally my favorite role of his is Violator from Spawn movie. According to the trailer, Ben played by Leguizamo wants to rob a rich family of their 300 million dollars. Which already starting to sound more like the original Die Hard movie.

Both movies involves people getting take hostage on Christmas. The man in charge demands a ridiculous amount of money locked behind a vault. Both McClane & Santa so happen to be at the right place but for the wrong reason. McClane got invited by accident to a party while Santa was doing his Christmas route. There's no hiding this movie is a parody of Die Hard, I love it.

Keep in mind, Die Hard was so popular it created it's own sub genre within action movies. Of course, you know what that means a lot of rip off movies. A handful having rather difficult to take seriously stories. This follows that line as well, we got a bad ass Santa kicking armed people's asses to save a family.

I also can connect it to Die Hard because late into that movie, Hans Gruber takes McClane's wife with him. Honestly, it's a movie that's trying to take itself seriously. We already know what the big joke is. Sometimes those are some of the most fun movies to watch. Movies you would be surprised ends up being very rewatchable.

The big difference is not as many hostages with the ones they do have being a family. Some scenes I'm still surprised got shown in the actual trailer myself. I did need a Christmas movie to look forward to this year. I wouldn't say this is the meanest portrayal of Santa, that honor goes to Santa Slay played by wrestler Goldberg.

Although, I still gotta mention Futurama's Robot Santa. Santa from Violent Night does remind me of him to a degree. The big difference is Robot Santa had a glitch in programming. Where most people on his naughty list automatically naughty. Also he doesn't give people coal no he does things that scares people like suddenly getting a rocket launcher out.

To be honest, he kinda reminds me more of American Dad's Santa. Except, he actually is a decent person rather than a monster who spoiling kids on purpose for profit. Santa is a figure that's been around for a very long time. Everyone has different beliefs of Santa or similar figures should be like. I already love this version of Santa.

Of course, he has reindeers most takes on the character does. Comparing Santa can quickly becomes very confusing as you already noticed when I did a little of that. Just imagine I went the full distance, we would be here for days no lie. Violent Night is a movie that's going to be a fun time for the right people.

Personally, I absolutely loved this trailer. Enough actually to watch some people reacting to the same trailer. I still ended up laughing on a handful of the same clips they shown. Like this part where he shouts Very Naughty. He took a grenade that's about to explode then puts it into that guy's pant. Originally he walks away a small distance but couldn't look away from him getting blown up.

Stuff like this, I love that now that's actually funny to me. There's also the clip where he stabs a star off a Christmas into another guy's eye then plugs it in to shocking him. Another funny clip, he secretly puts a handful of pool table balls into a sock then he hits this guy twice with the later sent him flying. Did I mention, Santa is doing all of that?

LOL, I confessed one of my family's favorite R rated Christmas movies is Bad Santa. Which is still one of the funniest Christmas movies ever. I felt this could be a competitor to that. Now I know Billy Bob plays a mall Santa, he's still a very rememberable character. The first clip deeply reminds me of Bad Santa movies where he's drinking at a bar.

Violent Night even has some Rambo to John Wick vibes. Like the short clip he briefly looked like Rambo with an Santa costume. There's also he uses a candy cane as a stabbing weapon. It's been a while since I watched a movie trailer this funny. I'm already sold on it, I can't wait to see the movie soon.

Christmas is one of those holidays. You either have a truly decent Christmas or a very unpleasant one. Depending on things, now I know a lot of people in different regions doesn't celebrate the holiday. Some people even dislike all holidays for all regions during the month of December. Considering more people are revealing how much they dislike it, I already stopped saying Merry Christmas in public.

Instead I say out of respect Happy Holidays. There how can you possibly offend people when you are telling them to celebrate whatever holiday they are celebrating? In truth, you can't but the world has a funny way of changing. To me, I felt we're even lucky to get this movie to come out at all. Which in itself I already see as the gift that keeps on giving, see what I did there lol.

Here's a movie that already stands out from the usual Christmas stuff coming out soon. Sometimes you kinda get bothered of those, you just want something different. I strongly felt a Christmas movie like this was something I needed. Yes a lot of Christmas stuff that plays very often that month is always nice to rewatch.

I just felt for those who wants something a little different. Well you got it enjoy the movie as much as possible. Honestly, Violent Night likely going to become a Christmas stable in it's own way. More likely a cult following with everything considered, which isn't a bad thing here. Violent Night is a movie meant to get people laughing hard but also entertain those into action movies like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment