Monday, October 31, 2022

Bonus Halloween Blog #50 Cinemassacre's Monster Madness 2022

Happy Halloween everyone, I'm XboxClown89. I knew if I had to do more bonus Halloween blog entries. I had to talk about Cinemassacre's Monster Madness marathon this year. Honestly, it wouldn't be Halloween if I didn't discuss or even reference this much. I'm a huge James Rolfe fan, I do look forward to when he does Monster Madness marathons.

1. Rob Zombie's The Munsters (2022) Review
I won't say much about the actual movie because I already reviewed it in full detail. I will say a few notable things. His opinion of the film was notably different from mine, I have no problem with that. I was a little surprised he reviewed the movie. I felt he did a good job breaking down the movie. It was a good start to what's coming.

2. Halloween (1978) The Movies Within the Movie
I should've seen this one coming a mile away. He made it a very interesting video. Just imagine if those movies were perfectly timed with the events of Halloween. Honestly, I loved the very concept itself. It's not often people would have similar topics. Usually stuff like that comes out of boredom. But in itself is a rather interesting topic that seems to go down the rabbit hole.

3. Deadstream (2022) Review
I wanna clarify I haven't seen the movie but it does seem like something. You may consider watching for a good time. I felt his review was on point based on what was shown in the video. It's difficult to imagine a movie centering on a scary livestream plot. Of course, the right balance of humor would go a long way for a movie like this.

4. My Tribute to Roger Corman: The King of B Movies
This is an example how you can make great movies on low budgets. The stuff Rolfe mentioned about this guy got me interested. It is a shame people like this sometimes goes unnoticed later in time. Especially the very people who put the walkway down for everyone else to cross. So I felt Rolfe shown proper respect for the man himself.

5. Halloween Ends (2022) Review
I also previously reviewed this however I do have some additional stuff I wanna add. Someone started a petition to have the film remade is quickly getting a lot of signatures already within the five digits. Also another major complaint I kept seeing online is how similar this & Christine film was. As someone who now seen both films with Christine being first, I actually felt that's a fair point.

Keep in mind, Christine was also a Carpenter film. Not even long following the very Stephen King book it's based on came out. Personally, I strongly felt Christine is the better movie. As for Rolfe, I felt a large amount of his points mirrored myself towards the film. Now learning the director previously knew the film was upset fans but chose to continue on isn't helping things either.

6. Werewolf by Night (2022) Review
This is a weird choice on several accounts. This is more of an Halloween special on Disney+. It isn't even an hour long which Rolfe kept bringing up. The direct theme felt out of place with everything else within the same Marvel universe. I felt Rolfe did a good job with the actual review. I may wanna see it but I simply had too many movies I had to see this month alone.

I will say I should've also seen this coming. I knew for years, Rolfe was a huge fan of classic Universal monster films. To me, this fits in Monster Madness very well. It is disappointing about the werewolf usage. At the same time, Rolfe did a good job selling the movie with the review. I felt Marvel should do more similar story specials for Halloween.

7. Spirit Halloween The Movie (2022) Review
Although it is similar to both The Curse of Bridge Hollow & Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween. Despite the fact, it came out before The Curse of Bridge Hollow. Surprisingly, the film has Christopher Lloyd. Whose among one of my favorite actors ever. I do respect the concept of being trapped inside a costume store.

If a movie came out back when I was a kid, Probably would've love it. Honestly, I do respect Rolfe covered a movie families could enjoy. It is so easy to change it into something more serious as well as terrifying. I confess I never actually been inside that costume store. The closest one I been in a couple times was Party City.

I can't say I was surprised Rolfe covered this movie. After all, it does fit in with the holiday. You got one of the biggest actors despite how low he's in the actual film. Not only that, he does have two daughters. He could easily enjoy rewatching it with them closer to Halloween. Honestly, I'm glad he did say some nice things about the movie.

Update: I had not a great Halloween. Also I gave up waiting for the last video for Cinemassacre's Monster Madness. I hope based on what I know of him, I matched how I imagine his thought on the upcoming movie review. I apologize if he ends up delivering the exact opposite response to the film in question.

Also for future reference, no more covering Monster Madness on Halloween night. This stroke a limit, so the following day starting next year I'll discuss those. Honestly, I really did try to be very patient. Sadly, I felt like I couldn't do that. My wife is more important than this. I know it's not Rolfe's fault for this but it was a must needed change in plans.

Update: there's no word what happened. We don't even know if the video got delayed or canceled. I been checking a few accounts of theirs. I still felt terrible about the situation. For the present we got to consider his review on Spirit Halloween The Movie video was the end of Monster Madness. Until we may get official word what's going on.

Conclusion
Obviously he had a busy year, he used several streaming services to his advantage. Honestly I won't judge that because it's Halloween. Also, Monster Madness marathon was just interesting. I felt he done one creative video within the line up. I am glad to hear his thoughts on a handful of these movies myself.

I also hope Rolfe & his family has a great Halloween. I plan to hand out candy despite the rain. I will say this it wouldn't be Halloween with this as well as Halloween AVGN episode. A quick shout out on that, Doom episode is one of my favorite Halloween AVGN episodes to date. Back to this, Monster Madness made all recent stuff for the most part interesting in his own way.

Update: 11:23PM, I checked a few websites. The last Monster Madness video isn't up yet. You can't blame me for doing the backup plan now.

No comments:

Post a Comment