Monday, October 10, 2022

Ghost Ship review

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, today we have a ghost movie my wife shown me a while back. It is widely known for one of the best opening scenes in a horror movie ever. I am here to review Ghost Ship, now this is an interesting take on a few concepts. I would even say this ends up being one of the best ghost movies I ever seen.

Ghost Ship (2002)

We get this party scene then out of no where most people died from a trap. We do get to learn more what actually happened. In present day, we have a crew searching this abandoned ship. Of course, there's things they don't know about yet. There are ghosts still presented that are all connected to something no one expected.

This movie really doesn't hold back from kill scenes. It kinda reminds you of The Shining while two adaptations since a new movie is in the works. I guess we also can compare it to another mini series Rose Red based on King's work. It was later this mysterious man they met isn't what he appears to be. He's actually a demonic spirit that manipulates people into doing bad things.

He makes arrangements to kill em in order to send their souls to Hell. He is the one controlling all the souls on that ship. He played the crew near perfect, there was only one that survived. Sadly, even after he got taken down somehow he came back to start the entire process over again. I will say it is a nice ship despite how long it was abandoned for.

A crew member gets close to the only ghost acting separately from those manipulated by that demon. We have a movie that plays on several personality types as well as their flaws. Like this one guy is suppose to get married but he mostly wants sex with other people. One of the female ghosts got used to expose that weakness.

I still say the opening scene is the single best kill scene. It might also be the single best opening kill scene too. I know I'm hyping that up a lot but trust me it's truly impressive. Just how amazingly well this kill was pulled off. Wires that became loose after the trap got activated cuts through almost everyone on the dance floor.

I can't even say there was a survivor because the little girl only dodged a bullet up til her actual death. The scene that ghost knew her parents died just by sensing them was both interesting as well as unexpected. Ghost Ship does play off of paranoia as well as who can you actually trust there. Keep in mind, they weren't ghost experts before hand.

I would say around it's era, there's no question this was one of the best ghost movies. I even prefer it over Thirteen Ghosts, a remake of 13 Ghosts I grew up with. Both are better than House on Haunted Hill & The Haunting remakes. There's just something about ghosts that's not only interesting but truly terrifying at the same time.

A true story, I was with a group of disable people. Originally we were suppose to do this haunted bus tour. There was a misunderstanding, the company in question decides to allow us to visit two of the most haunted places in PA. Which so happened to be nearly walking distance from each other. I swear at one of those locations, I show a ghost's hand right before it goes into a wall.

I should mention a few other things, this occurred on Halloween that year. Both were in fact real haunted locations. It was an interesting scary night, I haven't ever since. I'm more used to go to haunted house as in places you buy to go in. People dress up to scare you as well as some additional stuff to freak you out.

Now I got all that out the way back to the review. Ghost Ship is a movie that quickly won my respect. It doesn't shy away from the story as well as the gore it presents. Not only that, there are rememberable characters. The ship itself makes you wanna go there in real life. Ghost Ship has a notable following for most reasons I stated, it's worth watching especially in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment