Thursday, October 17, 2019

My thoughts on Terminator characters in Gears 5

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, recently I posted my review of Gears 5. To clarify this won't be a fully multiplayer review. This is just me talking about both Terminator characters that you can play as in a few modes. Honestly I was very surprised how well this turned out. I am a huge Terminator fan so of course I had to check those characters out.



Linda Hamilton who played Sarah Connor in a few Terminator movies reprises her role. She is one of the GOG characters. Terminator without flesh is one of the Swarm characters. If you played during a brief period, you will get them with Batista "Marcus" skin & two characters from Halo: Reach. In other words, you will have to pay for them later if you didn't.

Honestly, it's about time they bring in guest characters. I am happy Hamilton did an amazing job doing the character for this game. In a way, it made up for Arnold Schwarzenneger not voicing Terminator in Mortal Kombat 11. Although the guy voicing him does sound close enough to him. You might need to be a bit patient if you want to play as both these characters.

Terminator is easily one of the strongest characters in any Gears multiplayer ever. This thing can tank more than you are expecting from most characters on his side. You really don't want to be caught too close to a opposing player that's playing as him. You will die more often than not in this case. Sarah Connor's appearance was slightly altered to fit more in with Gears 5 theme.

Yes she does voice a few lines during matches. I do find it fun being her during them. Honestly I ended up being a better Terminator than Sarah in a few matches I played. I am very happy how they went with these Terminator characters. I am happy knowing I officially got them. I do plan on seeing Terminator: Dark Fate soon.

I also liked you can custom a few things with whoever you're playing as. It is mostly clan related stuff though. But I do like Terminator's banner in this game. This was something that could've easily went south. Considering you do fight machines during the campaign itself. To me, it made more sense to bring in these characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment