Thursday, October 17, 2019

Game Pass review #1 Devil May Cry 5 (2019)

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, as many of you know I'm a huge Devil May Cry fan. Honestly if I didn't get Game Pass, I wouldn't been able to play it until further notice. Which in my case could be a few years I know that sucks. I am very thankful to my amazing wife told me about this awesome deal Game Pass done for just two dollars.

A couple of reviews is mostly thanks to them and Microsoft for even making these even possible so thank both of you so much for this. I knew right away Devil May Cry 5 was going to be one of my games of this year. I really can't wait to dive right in. This is so worth the wait that I'm very excited to get to experience it this year.


Devil May Cry 5 follows three playable characters sharing a campaign. Although a handful of missions you can choose who you want to be. I kinda wanted a little more of that. I will say the artwork is absolutely amazing. I do like the new combat mechanics that Nero & V has. This does have a great soundtrack.

Not to be rude though, I felt some of the previous game's had better soundtracks. But hey it's still good enough to keep me playing for hours. They went back to using red orbs to upgrade. Honestly proud souls simply takes so long in comparison. I am glad they made it even easier to farm for red orbs too.

The bosses do stand out in a great way. There's twenty missions you can play through. Some missions are much shorter but still a lot of fun to play. I also liked they made it more achievement friendly this time around. Seriously the achievements themselves doesn't need to be as repetitive as those games. I am happy to see they give us a surprising twist near the end.

Although, information in one of the last levels does give it away. I will say wow this was a truly solid game. Easily one of my favorites in the franchise for sure. I can safely say it's in my top three Devil May Cry games of all time with the original & 3: Special Edition. Yes it is even better than Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition at least to me it is.

I do like how they continue the legacy in a way is very refreshing. This was made on the RE Engine being one of the first games on it. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard kicked it off a great start. Without question, one of the best games on that engine by far. There are some surprises you simply won't see coming.

This is such an amazing game that they gives us what you love but also changes it in a way you didn't imagine would work. I am avoiding from fully spoiling who the real main antagonist is. The only hint you are going to get is it's my favorite character. If you know me well enough by far you already know who I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment