Thursday, October 17, 2019

Game Pass review #3 Batman: Return to Arkham (2 remastered games)

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I already reviewed the original versions of the first two installments in Batman: Arkham series. But I finally got the chance to play Batman: Return to Arkham. Which is a two game pack of remastered versions with every dlc included. Now I will try to keeping this a lot shorter than my original reviews of those games.


One surprise I found out as I was playing Batman: Arkham Asylum. They actually included Joker challenge maps. This was in a few versions like PS3 as an extra addition or Mac version that also requires you owning the game on Windows. Although that is more of modding, prior to this you only had those options.

Batman: Return to Arkham does have some other surprises. Including the big problem a lot of people had with this. If you compare pictures or game play, you will notice older versions looks better. Honestly To be honest, I do agree but it really wasn't that bad guys. The actual size of both these games is way bigger than the original games.

In fact, it's even bigger overall than Batman: Arkham Knight with every dlc I'm not kidding. This obviously means you may need to free up space before installing both games. You don't have to beat Arkham City to access the dlc costumes. I didn't use the code either, I started it back up after dinner. Suddenly I got the option prior to returning to playing the campaign.

Thankfully everything else is incredibly accurate to the original games. This is one of the more mixed received remastered game compilations I played. I do felt it is still a solid package of two truly amazing Batman games. The price they had for a few years is perfect too. I got to be honest, I didn't think they did this good of a job based on stuff.

I am really glad I got to replay both of these for old time sakes. Two of my absolute favorite Batman games as well as licensed games in general. I do think you will have a great time playing this. Not to be rude though in Arkham City's case. I didn't own Wii U for long but one of the select few games I had was Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition.

I felt this version was slightly better in more interesting mechanics, two exclusive costumes and it looks even better in comparison. I'm surprised no one even considered doing that with this version. Although it too does include every dlc right off the bat. I do recommend that version higher for those reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment