Thursday, October 17, 2019

Game Pass review #2 Wolfenstein games

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, it's been a few years since I reviewed several Wolfenstein games. Thanks to Game Pass, I am going to be reviewing two of the newer installments. I strongly felt both of them are easily two of my absolute favorite Wolfenstein games ever. I don't even have much negatives to talk about either.

1. Wolfenstein: The New Order (2014)

MachineGames got permission from Bethesda to make a new line of Wolfenstein games. They are also making another game I will be discussing in this series that's getting a sequel this year. They're also responsible for a short free expansion for the original Quake although I don't recommend it. I got to be honest this concept was very interesting.

Imagine a world where Nazis took over the world how would Blazkowicz handle that? Essentially most of the world is your enemy. By now there's a few time lines including the original that predates all the shooter games. I am very happy to see a surprisingly refreshing take on the concept. This has a great story that keeps you interested.

The actual game play is very solid or in many ways what DNF should've been. This is a game that not only delivers but also solidifies it's worth the moment you start playing. It is honestly one of the best shooters in the last decade I played recently. Yeah sorry it took so long for me to finally get the chance to play this.

I'm a huge Wolfenstein fan almost as much I love Doom series. This game does an interesting upgrade system by picking particular stuff up. I am more surprised they allowed quote unquote sex scenes. Honestly I would never thought to see that in a game like this. Consider me mind blown lol, I really felt most aspects are done incredibly well.

As stated before I don't have anything major enough to complain about. They really didn't hold back being violent either. This is easily one of the most violent games in the franchise. I also liked in some portions you can attempt stealth. This is something you had to get use to in a few missions of Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Another true classic a lot of people needs to play hands down. Blazkowicz was somewhat interesting to me prior. But man this new line up of games easily made him, one of my favorite FPS characters ever. Honestly they did a truly amazing job keeping the spirit of Wolfenstein alive. This is also one of the company's first games too making it more impressive.

2. Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus (2017)

They strike back even harder than ever before. I am going to flat out say not only this was better than the previous one. It is easily in my top 5 Wolfenstein games of all time list. It really is that damn good guys. Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus is surprisingly interesting even before we actually talk about the game.

Yes there has been sequels to several Wolfenstein games. Excluding a sequel to a mobile spin off game, this is the first main series game to have 2 in the title. I would even say this is the best sequel. Honestly it does what I loved about The New Order but greatly improved on it while giving me even more.

They actually put Wolfenstein 3D in it's entirely with some changes as a playable easter egg in the game. I'm already a huge fan of Wolfenstein 3D since it is one of the absolute best shooters of the 90s. WOW being able to change up dual weapons is something I have seen in years but I love it. A little spoiler, very early on you get to move around killing Nazis in a wheel chair.

I recently learned the team studied videos on how to recreate what it would be like doing that. They even had the balls to do something unexpected with Hitler. Yes the same Hitler whose done some truly horrible things I can not even imagine without upsetting people. I do like there's an achievement related to his appearance lol.

I felt they did an amazing job telling an even better story. This game alone put Blazkowicz on my personal favorite FPS characters list I'm not kidding. The stuff he goes through in this particular game truly earned my respect for him. They didn't focus on multiplayer this time around. Sadly I am not sure when I'll be able to play it's additional campaigns through dlcs.

I can tell you when I do eventually get around playing them. I will be reviewing all of it in a follow up blog directly to this one. Wolfenstein 2 is one of the very finest 2's in video game history. Honestly I was really blown away how good this game actually was. I felt the upgrade system is even better that's meant for trivial and error to better your chances genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment