Thursday, October 17, 2019

Game Pass review #5 Gears 5

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, we're closing in on the conclusion of this short lived blog series of reviews. As many of you know I'm a huge Gears of War fan. You probably already knew this was coming. If you did then you do know me well. I am here to review Gears 5 for your entertainment. I got to be honest, I actually got some great stuff to talk about.


Gears 5 follows the events of the previous game. You actually can change up who you play as. I absolutely loved that concept. Yes you can even play as the robot Jack. They also added additional exploring this time around. I am going to be honest, Yes I do like Gears 4 but I was still a little disappointment.

Thankfully they listened to the fans in delivering such a great game. I would even say this is one of my favorite Gears game ever. I loved how everything looks as well as sounds. I am deeply blown away how damn good it truly is. You get one of the longest campaigns yet it doesn't feel like it's over staying it's welcome.

I won't fully spoil the plot but there is some amazing story telling here. I would say this has some great voice performances indeed. They evolved the classic format into something refreshing. I know I been using the term refreshing a lot in this series. Honestly I don't have a more direct way of explaining it.

Gears 5 is a true sequel that proves there's more life in this franchise. I am surprised they're allowing licensed characters including the real life wrestler Batista in this game. I swear a lot of game companies are making tie ins for the newest Terminator movie. Honestly it is very well balanced for the most part.

I just felt some parts are more strict than they should be. The perfect example is facing a boss late in Act 2. This thing has three insane death moves. You also can fall in the ice that also acts as an insane death. Let's just say I was really pissed off after I got pass it. This game was designed in a way to allow more additional stuff to the campaign.

They don't focus much into doing that for most of their dlcs. In fact, most of it is usually for the multiplayer anyway. It would be nice they added more interesting stories to the campaign. I also liked when you get to a few key points. The game will ask if you want to continue on or explore more. Honestly I greatly praise it does that.

Some games are just dicks about that in general. This also allows getting the collectibles more easier. I actually enjoy looking at the maps you'll get. I am surprised this game ends on Act 4 when most of them ends on Act 5. I am not saying this is the shortest in the series, that title likely goes to Judgment. I am just saying I was surprised.

I would even argue with everything considered to be the longest campaign yet. I felt everything works perfect enough, you just want more of it. This was a very well put together game. I can't say many major criticism other than that one boss fight. The final boss no spoiler what it is was insane. This was way more exciting than how the last two previous games ended.

To clarify, Judgment and 4, just wasn't that fun close to the end. Although 4 did have that one part you pilot a giant robot. Gears 5 finally made driving a vehicle fun. Usually you have to quickly adapt to the controls that can be confusing. Thank god they took the time to making them more simple. The visuals alone you gotta play this game I'm not kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment