Thursday, October 17, 2019

Game Pass review #6 Jump Force

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I finally got to play Jump Force. It's a crossover game with several Shonen Jump characters. You can play as three different characters at max in matches. Now I wasn't playing this game as long as many people have. So I didn't get to experience issues like no rematch button crap.


This is essentially ripping off Marvel's The Avengers/DC's Justice League concept. All of these heroes from different universes comes together to keep their multiverse safe. Honestly it does have some good things going for it like the graphics. Exploring the hub world is easier than you expect it to be.

But there isn't much depth within the fighting system. Sometimes the AI is incredibly cheap. I do like it has a leveling system including one for your avatar character. It is kinda weird on the first time starting the game up. You instantly go right into the story mode. I rather have it start up like normal than doing that.

Thank god, it only does that once then it works just fine. There isn't enough stages to keep it entertaining. I felt the character selection is great but the dlc ones should've already been in the game. You can customize your avatar in many ways easily making them among your favorites to play as. Jump Force is way better than I expected it to be.

In fact, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite falls amazing short compared to this. I honestly don't mine the dialogue only being in Japanese. I would've had a problem if they didn't include subtitles I could read. It is also weird how you can unlock most of the characters early on story mode. Technically speaking the plot to this is very similar to what's been done in some of their stories.

No I won't be revealing any major twists. I will say the story itself is notably better than MVC: Infinite by a lot. I also liked you get several mission types. Extra missions allows you to gain something useful or being able to increase your level cap. I felt this game in a way is a bit similar to One Piece: Unlimited World Red.

Honestly that One Piece is way better than this. Light Yagami from Death Note appears but he mostly appears in cut scenes. It is almost like we needed someone no one was expecting, I know let's put Light in it. Except he was one of the first characters confirmed to appear in the game. I don't question how stupid it would be to fighting with a character who simply writes your name down to die.

It is tricky if I should recommend this game or not. Clearly they do care about the fans to a degree. Then you hear about how the dlcs being handle makes you question why playing it at all? I remember in a training program, my friend had Jump Super Stars on DS. He actually let me give the game a try. Would you believe me when I say that's way better than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment