Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Jack Red reviews Conker's Bad Fur Day & Conker: Live & Reloaded

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I get to talk about a game that might not aging well but still one of the funniest I ever played. Conker's Bad Fur Day on Nintendo 64 is one of my absolute favorite games ever. Rare had a lot of classics on older Nintendo consoles during my child hood leading up to my early teen years.



Most of what I will be talking about implies to both versions. Yes both of them are playable on Xbox One being the only console to do so. Conker gets drunk to the point he ends up getting loss. He does get help on the way, sometimes he has to do some rather unpleasant stuff. This game was originally aimed for a younger audience until critics kept saying we're getting another cartoony platformer.

They decided to completely change direction to transform what was going to be a sequel to Conker's Pocket Tales. It ended up becoming a stand alone game. The closest sequel for Bad Fur Day was dlc for another game that quickly got shut down. Yes I seen what happens in that, I really wasn't happy with it.

Conker has some clever jokes that still has appeal to this day. It plays similar to Banjo-Kazooie but in a way it parodies that experience with a South Park twist. South Park was a major impression to this game. Keep in mind, South Park had a couple bad games during this period. In fact, they're so bad the creators of the show became more directly involve with later South Park games.

More importantly, some of my favorite Rare characters appears in this like Gregg the Grim Reaper, Conker & Count Batula. The cut scenes alone are among the best parts of both versions. Sadly I can't say the same on the multiplayer. I am going to flat out say I didn't care for Live & Reloaded's. It attempts to bland in with many online multiplayer games at the time.

Yes I know there's technical a sequel portion to Bad Fur Day in this version. But that also fell incredibly short to this. The original version had a lot more options overall. You also can use codes while you could unlock potty mouth option that doesn't fully uncensored lines during multiplayer. How they went the character designs between both versions was alright.

They did make a few minor changes in the campaign. Like you now need to get a baseball bat to hit the gargoyle or an extra Dr. Tediz sub boss in It's War chapter. Speaking of that chapter, they added a little portion to it near the end. But they also changed how you can leave into the chapter as well. Originally you need this eel to shock particular spots under the water.

Guess what they change that to? You guess it just throw the switch ready guys? The controls are technically better in Live & Reloaded although I do like them in Rare Replay version. I should mention Rare Replay version does have achievements. Which I quickly got them all early on that's how much I love this game.

Who couldn't forget about the Great Mighty Poo lol. Basically this portion of the game is heavily toilet humor. It is better than actually telling you what's going on there. You have to defeat the final boss like how you beat Bowser in Super Mario 64. Trust me, on any controller it can hurt your fingers after awhile.

Honestly I am a huge fan of the original N64 game but just don't care much for the newer version. It just isn't the same guys. Conker has some truly ridiculous moments like the famous sunflower cut scene. I am still amazed Nintendo allowed that on their console. Seriously, Conker's Bad Fur Day did an amazing job parodying movies too.

I really prefer how Spooky Chapter was originally done too. They did add more enemies in the remake. But Some of the jokes quickly loss their appeal. I felt it is still better than Perfect Dark Zero & Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. Other than that, I can't recommend it. Conker's Bad Fur Day can be a little strict at times but can still be fun to play.

The voice acting isn't common among N64 games due to limitations of those cartridges. But I got to be honest they do rival those of Perfect Dark. In fact, both their multiplayer modes are even better than GoldenEye's. Conker is essentially saying alright the joke's over the real me is coming out. I absolutely love this game with an passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment