Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Why I Don't Like The Pig (Dead by Daylight)

I was suppose to get Adept Pig achievement last night but it didn't happen for unknown reasons. I did a few attempts today June 2, 2019 to finally got it.

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, it's time to talk about another killer in DBD, I don't like at all. The Pig has always been around the bottom tier for me. I personally don't like Amanda Young from the Saw movies. There is a lot of stuff I just don't like relating to this killer. I am aware a lot of people like her, I could care less.


Although I do like the trailer, most of the chapter fits in it perfectly. The problem is they chose the worst person to be the killer. Obviously it wouldn't make sense to use her mentor since he's a cancer patient. I was actually expecting Agent Hoffman to be the killer. Man I was angry when I found out it was Amanda instead.

I am on board with more female characters on both sides. Usually I don't mine a character much. But in this rare case just like Fake Jason in Friday the 13th, I really do mine. The Pig is Amanda wearing the famous stalker costume. I will say they did chose the right weapon for her. However everything else about her to me just sucks.

She has to down survivors in order to put on reverse bear traps. This by itself comes with a lot of problems. For starters, by default The Pig only has four of them at a time. They don't return or can't be reused making them a total waste. If you are lucky enough, one or more survivors will die by it. Speaking of getting them off, this can be frustrating.

This could have perks or add ons or both that affects them making it much more difficult to do. The Pig is more of a stealth killer that can surprise attack people. Personally I prefer how The Wraith & The Hag does that. Her map I will say is one of my favorites in the entire game. It did take me awhile to learn.

The Pig's reverse bear traps has to be taken off or attempting to escape will instead kill you. Believe it or not, this actually counts as a sacrifice rather than her mori. Oh yes her mori kinda sucks too. I felt we could've gotten a better one than this. I am not trying to piss people off, I simply don't like The Pig at all.

Special thanks to int3r4ct for this following information. In End Game Collapse, you can leave through the exit gates with a reverse bear trap. This is because all power got rotated to those gates. Also the process of getting those traps off can be made worse depending on which add ons are used. For example you might get an extra fifth station or just two stations.

I will be honest The Pig is somewhat fun to play as. I still really do not like her. I do like Saw movies for the most part. I just wish for some major changes that probably won't happen. The Pig is likely getting more costumes soon too. She does have a few perks that are somewhat worth mentioning to a degree but still nothing special.

No comments:

Post a Comment