Sunday, May 12, 2019

Why I Love The Clown (Dead by Daylight)

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I knew as soon as I first seen this particular killer. He was going to be one of my personal favorites in Dead by Daylight. I am talking about The Clown whose an unique character in his own right. This guy is creepy as well as being terrifying in his own way. Recently about a week ago, I performed his mori in a match for the first time.


Kenneth Chase aka Jeffrey Hawk aka The Clown had a rough history. To avoid possible complaints relating to real life serial killer John Wayne Gacy. I will skip directly to the circus part of his story. For awhile he was doing better but he started doing terrible things. Not including the obvious inspiration I already mention.

It is also likely killer clown movies as well as crimes centering around people dress up as clowns could've been inspirations. I wouldn't even question the book IT being somewhat of an inspiration as well. The Clown himself does not have powers. But what he does have is bottles filled with his own mixture to drug survivors.

The Clown uses Madam Butterfly which is a huge knife meant to cut off limbs. I will give extra credit to him for one of the strangest video game kills I ever seen. In his mori, he constantly steps on the survivor's head then grabs one of their hands. Where he cuts off a finger to taste it before adding it to his collection.

This guy used right can control how the matches plays out. He can throw his bottles at a long distance. I also liked getting a bonus for throwing em at survivors. I love the animation he does after attacking an attack. He is also the first killer to show expression of his face. OMG he has some freaky costumes too including a santa costume.

Honestly you can escape The Clown but at the same time it won't be as critical in making mistakes. Some killers you have to do everything perfectly to survive. You do have a chance surviving The Clown. According to several studies, every year more people become afraid of clowns. Thus it made perfect sense the team had to bring in this guy.

The Clown has an interesting personality among the killers. Despite his appearance, he is fast enough to keep up with survivors. But there are some killers notably faster in comparison. I also like his bottles can affect multiple people at once. Not many killers has that going for them. This guy not only works but I really can not get enough of him either.

I would say even the trailer was good enough to sell me on him. Actually seeing him in videos & game play further sold me on getting him. I do love his knife over several weapons other killers has. The Clown is over looked by many people. A great player can easily take down a group of survivors quickly.

I also like the add ons does alter some of the effects of his drug on survivors. You could change it a little bit or greatly to improve your chances of killing the survivors. I felt he is one of the most well around killers in the game. This guy is the life of the party to me. The Clown has so much to offer including stuff you wouldn't expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7riCG4kEcVw

Update: On May 16th, I got Adept Clown achievement. This is the second Adept Killer achievement I gotten.

On May 20th, I got the last Clown achievement. I been working on and off to get that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment