Sunday, May 12, 2019

Why I Love The Doctor (Dead by Daylight)

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, The Doctor is one of the least liked among the killers. To me, he was the first killer I played as in Dead by Daylight. I knew right away I was going to love this guy. I actually find everything about him interesting. More than a lot of killers in that regard. I felt he was a nice addition to such a great game.


Dr. Herman Carter aka The Doctor worked with the government to get information from people. In secret, he was doing illegal experiments that for the most part they didn't question anything at all. It actually suggests he may not be a licensed doctor. Interesting likely connections to many real life things loosely.

It was known around his time period, Herman was a common name. We may never know if The Doctor was or wasn't inspired by any scientists. He was the first killer to have two different attacks. Like most killers, he will attack with his weapon that he regularly used in torturing people. His secondary attack allows him to shock people to increase their madness.

Just in case you haven't already figured it out. The Doctor is a mad scientist that works experimenting on people. I love how you can see electricity often comes from several parts of him. Clearly Dr. Frankenstein from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein book was an inspiration. One thing I noticed about Halloween related stuff including classic Universal monsters universe.

There must be a mad scientist to complete the circle. In this case we have The Doctor. This guy with the right perks can really slow down the survivors I'm not kidding. Another cool thing is Dead by Daylight: Special Edition on consoles automatically gives you him with a few characters. Even if those versions didn't do that, I would still love this guy.

Some of his costumes are truly sick to look at. Some of the more recent costumes are truly freaking stuff. The Doctor is one of those killers that can easily control how the matches goes. I love hearing his laughter as he nails an attack. It reminds me of Twisted Metal's Sweet Tooth in his series. The Doctor can be difficult to learn but very rewarding if done right.

He is the most likely the killer to use if you really need blood points especially during bloodhunts. His secondary attack can quickly be be done with a little break. This means it is possible to score huge even in bad matches as him. Most of what I said is exactly why people hate him. I am one of the many that can not get enough of him.

The Doctor is a twisted killer that has a lot of going for him. In the right hands, he can easily own a group of survivors. Yes it will take time to learn how to properly play as him. The fact teachable perks can be used on other characters could make him more difficult to survive. I would say he does deserve more respect than he actually gets from the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment