Sunday, May 12, 2019

My thoughts on Endgame Collapse (Dead by Daylight)

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I know recently I been writing a lot about Dead by Daylight. To me it is a truly amazing game. Not long ago, they introduced a major twist to matches. Endgame Collapse makes ending matches more intense in every sense of the word. The real question a lot of people are asking is was this a needed feature or simply better without it?


Prior to this update, killers couldn't open the exit gates or shut the hatch. Now that has changed, if a killer opens one of the exit gates or shuts the hatch. It will now trigger the Endgame Collapse feature. A bar will suddenly show up at the top middle of your screen for all players. Depending on what's going on, it will likely go fast.

But a killer can slow it down after downing a survivor to move em to a nearby hook. As the timer goes on, more of a hellish look emerges from the ground. This does prevent thus trying to cheat surviving by letting people die for the hatch to automatically open unless a particular hex is played. When the timer runs out, even if survivors are inside lockers.

The Entity will kill them with a new death animation that might be the longest death animation yet. I prefer the classic survivor dies on hooks animation more. I should mention it takes a few minutes for a survivor to open an exit gate while it takes seconds for the killer doing the same thing. Honestly I felt it prevents so many people trying to cheat matches.

Of course, a lot of people are finding ways to get around this feature. I do like it does help balance things out. You could have a great match as a killer but because of one survivor. It quickly ends with most of them surviving. I will say they had the balls to make something like this. Endgame Collapse to me is a welcome change indeed.

Honestly it makes things more exciting. I also love the music with sound effects playing during this. Just imagine a already intense multiplayer horror game becoming more intense. This feature will likely tell us who are actually playing it & whose choosing to exploit methods even those against the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment