Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Ghostface is coming to Dead by Daylight

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, earlier today there was a leak while the team behind Dead by Daylight was updating the game. It quickly exploded among those that seen what is coming early. No they didn't win a contest for that but I could see a lot of people enjoying that. I'm a huge fan of Ghostface since my child hood.


Ghostface is a shared concept among killers all having a grudge towards Sidney's family. Obviously the show is more of it's own thing. Ghostface is at the core a living tribute to slasher icons like Michael, Freddy & a lot of names I could've took extra time to name. Like Freddy, Wes Craven based Ghostface off of something terrible in real life.

Unlike most slasher villains, he doesn't have powers. He still does a few things you won't expect for the rest of them. For one, he will call his victims on their phones taunting them. Their plan is essentially recreating a horror movie in a nut shell. This nostalgic mask was inspired by a famous painting.

Considering they already introduced The Legion. We already know by now Ghostface can be male or female. Both of them wields a small knife liking being very similar in how they stalk survivors. Interesting Dead by Daylight is making Ghostface more customizable. Ash was able to say a few lines among selecting him.

It is very likely Ghostface will have many lines. I really hope one of them is this famous line from the original Scream. "What is your favorite scary movie?" I always loved rehearing that line no matter how many times I watched it. Ghostface's basic personality is a cruel one similar to Freddy's. Maybe not as twisted, Ghostface is still someone you don't want stalking you.

I am well aware a lot of people do not like this character. At the same time, he was one of the most requested licensed killer among fans. I felt we really needed him in the game. You know what I said something in another blog I wrote recently. If Ghostface were to come to Dead by Daylight, I would do one more comparison.

Well I am now in the process of planning it out. I won't start writing it until I played enough with Ghostface. For those that haven't seen that blog entry. I want to compare Roy Burns aka Part 5 Jason aka Fake Jason to Ghostface. I think it will be a fun comparison for me to do. I will leave my bias side at the door once again.


I'm not done yet for the first time I will reveal how much I love Ghostface. As a kid, me & my brother had a Ghostface costume including the mask. One of the best costumes I ever wore in my entire life. It was also the first costume to meant a lot to me. Of course I grew up with the first three Scream movies.

I personally loved the concept of Scream in many ways. At one angle, the killers are attempting to recreate how a horror movie plays out. From another angle, anyone could be the killer. These movies do cause some paranoia especially on the first time watching. Some may not take Ghostface seriously due to both of those.

Ghostface stands out in being vocal with his lines. In most cases, there's more than one killer stalking people. Obviously Scream has the fewest movies but they are very constant unlike most longer franchises. I also watched Scream show through Netflix awhile. I am still waiting to hear if we actually get season 3 or not.

This season will be a reboot with new characters while set in a new location. Honestly if I was directing every season would be doing this. I didn't fully see the point of continuing some stuff from season 1 into season 2. Despite that, it was still a good season. Maybe not as surprisingly but the kills still deliver.

Ghostface always has one of my favorite masks in a horror movie. I remember being freaked out by it when I was a kid. Now I can't stop staring at it. I used to compare in my mind Ghostface to Michael Myers. I felt he always did a great job throwing the viewers off. Everybody wanted him to come to Dead by Daylight.

Last I checked there isn't officially a Scream game. Which would make this his first real appearance in a video game. I actually loved the new costume he's wearing. I will be honest I do like they are calling him The Ghost. Prior to this, I was thinking to myself shouldn't it be The Slasher instead? After all, this all started by two horror movie fans.

I think I do see why they ended up calling him The Ghost. I do think that's a great name indeed. I also like we can customize him to a degree too. This is my only real demand developers. This might come off as something stupid but for me it would bring a lot more appeal. I remember seeing several times as a kid at places.

There does exists a bleeding version of that mask. I would love to see that or at least Scarecrow mask in it. Two versions of the same masks that could work with a lot of great pieces. Honestly I am already very happy to know he will be in Dead by Daylight soon. I will make sure I get those new characters in June as soon as I can.

I don't consider if people will unavoidably compare him to The Legion. Everybody does that with The Hillbilly to Leatherface. So I don't see the point of discussing something like this. Yes both Ghostface & The Legion has some strong similarities. But The Legion is more about a group killing people for fun having no remorse at all.

Also in case of The Legion, four souls agreed to be fused together to become one killer. Considering they were essentially acting like the same person to me this made a lot of sense. I do like another killer can be male or female. I do think a lot of people would love Ghostface simply for that reason. I would Ghostface should be one of the best among licensed killers in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment