Monday, May 13, 2019

Jack Red reviews The Simpsons

To clarify I have seen every episode from the beginning to the most recent episode. Yes the complete thirty seasons of The Simpsons. I'm that huge of a Simpsons fan. I even have a nice Simpsons collection in my house.

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I been waiting a long time to do this. I finally get to review The Simpsons. One of my favorite cartoons of all time. Last night, they finished out season 30 can you imagine that? This show has been on the air over thirty years including shorts in another show. Many states does favor The Simpsons over many cartoons.


The Simpsons started out as a minute long shorts on The Tracy Ullman Show. It eventually became the most successful TV spin off in history. It won a lot of awards over the years actually more than most cartoons usually wins. The Simpsons follows a family in so many different situations. If there is always something this show had it has to be creative.

You never know what to expect when you're watching this show. The main reason most characters are yellow is there's people who keep changing channels. By making majority of them yellow actually grabs their attention more likely. What's crazier is this wasn't Matt Groening originally about to pitch for a cartoon either.

No he was going to pitch his rabbit comic strip story. But he wanted something to be on television a long time. So he erased what he had then quickly came up with a new concept centering around a dysfunctional family. As stated before, The Simpsons had a lot of shorts in a sketch show. Some of the people on that show are still voicing members of the family.

Dan Castellaneta in particular is one of the few cast members who voices so many characters. I do have to mention sometime after season 10, the show started not being as good. To be honest for many years I did question how they went about some interesting concepts in questionable directions. Thankfully a few seasons ago it started getting better.

Largely a lot of writers left the show with a few major examples. Conan O'Brien was briefly involved with the show before landing a few shows of his own. Greg Daniels later worked on King of the Hill with Mike Judge aka the creator of Beavis & Butt-Head. It is a miracle such a show still has a solid fan base to stay on the air.

What's even crazier is early on Fox signed a contract allowing them to make jokes towards them. More recently, Disney now owns The Simpsons. Although it is debatable if the show would continue or end following that. There's something to love about this show. A fact there's a board trivia Simpsons game the fans can send in questions.

I actually got two of my questions in that game. Therefore I'm technically a small part of it's long running history now. For me it was such an honor to even be involved. The fact two of my questions even made me really surprised me. They sent me two of the same board games. I given one away to an ex.

I played a couple of The Simpsons games including three of the best. The Simpsons Arcade, The Simpsons: Hit & Run and The Simpsons Game are all classic done by different companies. Seriously guys you need to make those Simpsons games playable on Xbox One. The Simpsons is a show you never take seriously.

There's a lot of holiday episodes with majority being fan favorite Treehouse of Horror episodes. These are non canon allowing a lot more crazy possibilities. Where they reference horror shows and movies in a parody form. I'm a huge fan of several early ones like Nightmare on Evergreen Terrace story.

This show has predicted the future over twenty times now. Yeah twenty times, wow someone must be from the future lol. Maybe in the near future I'll talk about Futurama. Back to this, It does suck due to massive complaints more recently about Apu. Here is how I see it why now all of a sudden you all voice your opinions about him?

Also the fact they removed him could led to other fan favorite characters getting removed the same way. Therefore it could end up killing the show maybe one day the entire industry. I felt Apu was alright for what he brings to the table. I do get he is a parody of their culture. They never meant to insult anyone they are parodying like some cartoons coughs Family Guy & South Park.

Even the people of Australia was happy with their episode. Sadly a few places in the world aren't happy with the show like Brazil. Honestly this is a sitcom show. There must always been a problem with a situation around the end to make it that. Otherwise it comes more off like a cartoon like The Looney Tunes or Tom & Jerry.

Speaking of Tom & Jerry, this show does it's own shorts in the form of Itchy & Scratchy. Clearly their parodies of several cartoons like Mickey Mouse, Tom & Jerry and a few others. They even make The Animaniacs would sane in comparison I'm not kidding. This is the closest the regular episodes gets to Treehouse of Horror level violence.

I could write non stop about this show for hours. Honestly I just wanted to say thank you Matt Groening for making such an inspiring show. I will always support it up til my grave & possibly beyond. This show is itself a parody of pop culture referencing so many things. The Simpsons still maintains the record for the most guest stars on any show.

This show really meant a lot to me growing up. For the longest time it was only on one channel. Now it's on several channels with recurring marathons. They love doing Ever Simpsons Ever marathons. They air most episodes in several days. The first of these had The Simpsons Movie. I actually watched the original Treehouse of Horror marathon from start to finish.

I do recommend this show for so many reasons. It may not be as good it once was. This show has live in it like the Energizer Bunny I'm not kidding. They do put a lot of work in several episodes. They also put their fans first beyond everything else they do. I always felt The Simpsons will never stop amazing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment