Saturday, August 10, 2019

Jack Red reviews Ninja Resurrection

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, some of you might be aware of a forgotten OVA series. The actual company was desperate enough to attempt cashing in on Ninja Scroll. I will confirm even before I start reviewing. Despite some similarities, this is no way a real Ninja Scroll sequel at all. I will explain in my own way why this odd move stood out a lot to people including myself.


Ninja Resurrection was suppose to be a three episode OVA series but quickly became two episodes instead. I did notice a lot of major changes between both episodes. In the first episode, the gore was very violent. But it was clearly tone down in the following episode. Although some unpleasant moments still happens.

They even had the balls to kill kids. This is more based on a Chinese story that's based on a real event. The main character is named Yagyu Jubei Mitsuyoshi whose trying to stop the demons. This guy is missing an eye that does confirmed how that happened in the final episode. The animation was alright for it's time, I seen better ones like Outlaw Star.

Yes there's a lot of killing with a rape scene. Some of the strangest possession moments I ever seen. Demons using tricks you would expect from Inuyasha I'm not kidding. The story doesn't give itself enough time to sit in. I will say to me what I gathered from the story was kinda boring as well as poorly done.

I know this came out a few years after Ninja Scroll but that movie had a lot over this. Yes this does have an English Dub version. Due to it's strange business move, trying to find a physical copy of this OVA series can difficult as well as pricey. So I would have to suggest if you plan on watching it to do it however you can.

I can honestly say this is it's own thing from Ninja Scroll. Even the main character is vastly different. I actually seen stuff like Tokyo Ghoul that's better in a lot of ways. This OVA series is easily one of the worst I ever seen. It's an insult they called it a sequel to one of the greatest anime movies of all time.

Obviously this ends on a cliffhanger that's mostly looking bad than most shows that end on one. I don't have a favorite character at all in this. To me, despite a handful of things I liked. I actually don't care for this. Ninja Resurrection was a failure that attempted to get more money from deception. Almost like a ninja but not done in a clever way a real shinobi would've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment