Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Stuff I found out sometime after doing my Halloween comparison blog

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I know I been talking a lot about MediEvil recently. I apologize to those getting sick of it. This is likely going to be the last MediEvil blog for awhile. I been looking more into both these games. I think I could for fun bring up stuff they do have in common that isn't exactly within them.

What I mean is I already seen a run on Ghoul Patrol, MediEvil 2 and watched the digital MediEvil comic book. I figured this should be a fun blog to make. This will not change my decision in any possible way. I just wanted more stuff they got in common to be known is the very purpose here. Yes I know they're very different horror theme games.

1. Werewolves


Zombies Ate My Neighbors does have werewolves as enemies. I didn't know until reading the digital MediEvil comic that's sorta a sequel/prequel concept. Sir Daniel had a dog that turned out to being a werewolf. Yes you heard correctly, werewolves do exist within the MediEvil universe. Lupo is the only known one so far.

I should mention there are wolf enemies in MediEvil. Mostly found in Return to the Graveyard level. In fact, Guardians of the Graveyard are two powerful wolves. This level is the closest the franchise ever came to werewolves until this digital comic. I felt I should've said something about it in that blog.

Just in case, someone was going to say it. Yes I do know about Dogman whose a servant of Lord Palethorn. Among Lord Palethorn getting his hands on Zarok's spell book transformed him into a humanoid dog creature. I guess in a weird way this was a precursor before Lupo. He technically would be what many consider to being a werewolf.

2. Both had enemies that can move in & out of water


In Zombies Ate My Neighbors, only Merman can swim as well as jump out of water. They're the only monsters capable of reaching the swimming survivors. Surprisingly, MediEvil has a few enemies that can come out of water & survive going back in it. I will be listing them down below to making it easier.

1. Guardians of Mellowmede
2. Fish monsters
3. Ghouls
4. Undead Warriors

MediEvil has more of a variety of enemies capable of doing that. Although, Merman can be more difficult to run around from. Technically speaking Guardians of Mellowmede is the closest they ever gotten to using Merpeople. I thought this was interesting to share. Honestly, you got some terrifying stuff in both games.

3. Pirates


At the end of MediEvil, in just one level you deal with a ghost pirate crew including their captain. Not a lot of people know Ghoul Patrol had a few levels set in the great pirate era. Which also led to a pirate captain boss. It is kinda interesting, Ghoul Patrol came out four years prior to MediEvil. Personally, I do prefer how that concept was done in MediEvil way more.

You get to explore the entire ghost pirate ship that's flying in the air. There's a few sections you have to avoid or block cannon balls. Honestly, I liked the idea there's a particular member that summons a few members of their crew. Of course, the captain can also do that. His boss fight was a different experience in all versions of MediEvil.

4. Time Travel


Believe it or not, both franchises does use time travel concept in different ways. Originally late in MediEvil 2, Sir Daniel had to finish a time machine to go back in time to prevent Princess Kyra's death. This also led to having getting his golden armor in the process. The digital comic explores more what happened during the conclusion of MediEvil.

Where Sir Daniel goes back to a time right back the very war he died in. In Ghoul Patrol, Zeke & Julie goes through a few time periods to put all the evil back where it belongs. Sorta oddly like The Thirteen Ghosts of Scooby-Doo. Personally, how it got used in MediEvil franchise to me is way more interesting.

5. Martians


I literately just found out about this following similarities. In Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Martians could blast their bubble guns. They also used mind control on football players. Sometimes, one of their UFOs shows up. But it turns out in a particular level in MediEvil 2, there actually is Martians. Yeah who knew right lol.

They will fire their guns at Sir Daniel in the level. Well oh okay the thing is in MediEvil 2, they aren't real Martians. But the fact, they chose to do that is rather unexpected. I still need to mention this similarities. These things are a part of a mini game that's required to complete the level. Honestly, I do prefer the actual Martians from ZAMN more.

6. A strange take on mad scientist theme


In Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Dr. Tongue was responsible for the events of the game. There are Frankenstein's Monsters in a few levels. I know I already mention that stuff. But in MediEvil 2, there's a particular level you need to get limbs from creatures. There's a couple of possible movie inspirations behind this I could think of.

This led to an awesome boxing theme boss fight with Iron Slugger. Where Sir Daniel's head is on a new body meant for boxing. You also can during breaks in rounds get chances to getting back limbs. Honestly, I loved how MediEvil 2 goes with it. Due to how little story was actually in ZAMN, we don't fully know which of those creatures Dr. Tongue himself actually created.

7. Vampires


Everyone knows Vampires are in Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Not a lot of people got to play MediEvil 2. Believe it or not, a few levels actually has vampires. In fact, there's a boss level you take on The Count whose the oldest vampire in existence. Essentially MediEvil's answer to Count Dracula to clarify.

Vampires aren't that difficult to deal with in MediEvil 2. OMG, the same can not be said for ZAMN. These vampires are ridiculously tough & will not leave you alone. Unless, you were able to getting them to back off. I always been a huge fan of vampires. I really wanted people to know both franchises does in fact have vampires.

No comments:

Post a Comment