Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Jack Red reviews Joker movie

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, today I will be reviewing a movie I originally had a mixed views on. But as soon as I started watching it completely changed my view on it. I got to be honest, this is a different kind of comic book movies. Yeah I made sure Deadpool couldn't get in again. Joker is a true master piece.



Although this is a comic book movie, the team really didn't focus on the comics or any adaptations prior. They wanted to give us an original but realistic take on the character. Honestly, I felt they really nailed their point of view. Joaquin Phoenix gives an amazing performance as Arthur Fleck who becomes The Joker.

I didn't mine the color change or the fact this movie was actually willing to display true ugliness. You know the kind of stuff both Marvel & DC doesn't like to do often. There are some great twists I won't spoil. Keep in mind, unlike most newer comic book movies. They didn't plan on making this into a franchise.

As of right now, they are discussing the possibility of doing a sequel to this movie. This was meant to jump start another movie company making DC licensed movies. This is more of an anti hero movie since Arthur tries his best. Things just kept getting worse for him to the point he decided to make a change.

Surprisingly, Robert De Niro is in this movie. Believe it or not, this is one of the best gross comic book movies in history. It just broke the record for the most gross made for an R rated movie. I got to say this guy is hands down one of the finest Joker actors I have ever seen. Just like Heath Ledger, I thought the opposite but damn he really nailed the character perfectly.

This movie sticks more closely to realism. I am more fine with movies doing that than video games. Sorry Grand Theft Auto series going too realistic just takes me right the hell off. Yes this movie shows how some people can be like in real life. I believe this is what greatly angering people or the level of violence this movie has.

Joker isn't a kid or family movie no it's more of a select people could enjoy kind of movie. This movie doesn't shy away from when things gets unpleasant. Phoenix does have a great Joker laugh. Sometimes, he does it a bit much in some scenes. But hey it could be Jared Leto's Joker laugh that was to me pathetic.

I see heart & soul they worked very hard to create here. We don't get a version of The Joker who already exist with little to no known past or origin stories previously done. Like The Killing Joke movie or Batman 1989 movie respectively. No we get a man who essentially becomes the character by stuff cause by other people.

Arthur is an entertainer at his heart. I felt the movie gets at it's best when he becomes The Joker. I also liked we get to see trying a few jobs. Honestly, that by itself helps paints a picture of what to expect from the character. I would say he is more Joker than Jerome on Gotham was. Although, I really like Jerome myself.

I am even surprised President Trump allowed this movie to be screened in the White House. Yeah I know at fist you are probably thinking that's going to be a joke right? But no this recently happened in the White House guys. This movie is one of the highest grossing DC movies ever made. Joker is a great stand alone movie.

Honestly, this movie does deserve more respect than it actually gets. Look I'll be brutally honest with you. This isn't a movie for everyone, it will be as close to realism as humanly possible. At the same time, this is a movie that was meant for the director to display his or her vision to the audience. It is a movie that won't hold back from the moment it starts rolling.

Joker is a kind of movie you need balls to watch. This movie does a beautiful job getting us to care about Arthur. I do highly respect their take on the character. He is a great realistic take that can possibly stand the test of time. Joker is a movie I highly recommend to those who want to watch it. I do need to say, this movie really surprised me as I was watching it.

Even Cameron from Gotham said how beautifully done this movie was made. I am sure Jack Nicholson, the late Cesar Romero, the late Heath Ledger & Mark Hamill would respect this. Now I think about some of the greatest actors in existence has portrayed The Joker in some form. I wonder how amazing the future of the character will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment