Monday, November 18, 2019

Jack Red reviews some Simpsons games

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I figured since I covered The Simpsons show. I should finally reveal my thoughts on the video games based on the show I played. Now I hope this helps giving you an idea how much I love this show. The Simpsons always left a huge impression on me ever since my child hood.

1. Bart's Nightmare


I remembered as a kid with my brother, we rented a few games from a few game stores. I always remembered playing Bart's Nightmare on Sega Genesis. This might actually be the best among Acclaim's Simpsons games. Essentially the game does have a hub world that requires you to complete every mini game.

Each mini game makes it feel like a very different game from each other or several games in one. I will say yes this is a flawed game. But the voice acting was alright with some great artwork. Yes the difficulty isn't balanced at all. It is incredibly easy to lose in this game. I will say this is one of my favorite Simpsons games I ever played.

2. Virtual Bart


Despite not actually being called a sequel to Bart's Nightmare. Come on, both had the same team with a similar concept. How the hell isn't this an actual sequel is beyond me. You play as Bart trapped in a virtual reality machine. You are forced to complete every mini game in order to complete the game. I will give praise in a few key areas.

What I liked so much from Bart's Nightmare is still here. I would say the difficulty is a little more balanced at times. Thank god there is a practice mode, something Bart's Nightmare needed badly. There is some crazy visuals in this game too. Honestly, Virtual Bart is a mixed bag but I do like the creativity it brings to the table.

3. Krusty's Fun House aka Krusty's Super Fun House


Krusty's Lemming clone game is the shortest description of this game. You play as Krusty to take care of rats. Trust me, he puts more effort here than he has done his entire career lol. Yes I know a bad joke I apologize. Technically speaking, it may look like an Simpsons game but originally wasn't. Unfortunately, this was common around the late 80s to early 90s.

I will say yes it can get boring at times. But at least this game was properly programmed unlike most of their Simpsons games. Oh ok those I played I meant I haven't got to play them all. I had this on Sega Genesis just missing Bart vs. the Space Mutants. Oddly, Genesis had a thing for Bart Simpson. This game doesn't help with that either lol.

4. The Simpsons Arcade


I already said so much in the past about how much I truly love this game. The original Simpsons game is still one of the absolute best. Konami back when they made some truly amazing games created such a fun beat em up game. Yes several Simpsons characters are colored wrong. But I did own this on Xbox 360.

Funny enough, just like X-Men arcade also by Konami had the Japanese version included. Just on the day this port came out I played the entire game seven straight times in a row. There's a lot of love for a show at the beginning of it's prime. Honestly, I highly recommend this game especially to Simpsons fans.

5. The Simpsons: Hit & Run


The Simpsons: Hit & Run is sometimes called Grand Theft Auto: Springfield. There's some truth to that fan label as you get to explore several locations through out Springfield. You also get to play mini games. There is vehicles driving around you could borrow a ride from or vehicles you have stored.

I am not going to lie, they do really show the love they had for this show. They reference so many episodes, it's not funny. I also liked you get a several characters to play as. This put the cast to great use as well. I loved some of the costumes you could wear during game play. They really put a lot of thought into this game.

6. The Simpsons Game


The Simpsons Game ends up happening at the cost of a sequel to Hit & Run. But in it's defense, this is a great game. You play as The Simpsons with each having their own powers. I also liked you could play this with a family member or friend. This is a great original story that makes front of everything. The Simpsons Game also has some surprises among the different versions.

I only got to play two versions of this game. Xbox 360 & PSP versions with some clear differences. I also believe DS version has an exclusive mini game that's a parody of Nintendogs. The Simpsons Game really loves a particular song they kept replaying from the final boss to the ending credits. Overall this is one of the absolute best Simpsons games I ever played.

7. Virtual Springfield


This is sorta a bonus, a friend of mine introduced me to this forgotten classic. I thought Virtual Bart was going to be the VR experience but nope. This actually is the virtual reality experience you never knew you wanted. Virtual Springfield is a game you get to explore Springfield, interactive with characters.

This game doesn't have an ending but it does have some nice surprises. Like Hit & Run, this does reference a lot of episodes. I love the Apoom mini game that's clearly a parody of Doom. You can't technically lose in this game either. The artwork with the sound design alone is enough reason to play this.

No comments:

Post a Comment