Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Jack Red reviews Personal Nightmare

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I will be reviewing one of the oldest games you can possibly buy from GOG. Personal Nightmare was the first game by Horror Soft. The same company later went on to do Waxworks. Keep in mind, this also led to the creation of both Elvira games. Sadly, this won't be a good review.



Personal Nightmare centers on a man whose searching for his father. But turns into something far bigger than anyone could imagine. In the game, you must stop an vampire, an witch and even the devil himself. I don't own many video games that has the devil. You have four days to complete the game or it's game over.

Well game over is critical since there's a couple of ways to lose in this game. For example, you can appear at a place at the worst time to be mauled by an hellhound. This is more of a text based adventure than classic point & click game style. I am really not familiar with those style of games. To be honest, this is the first one I owned.

Sadly, this game's graphics with it's audio isn't aging well. Parts of it does add to the appeal while others just looks terrible. I am aware there's a few PC versions of this game. Personal Nightmare also centers on a cult to summoning the devil. You will quickly get confuse what to do. Many reviewers complaint about how poorly designed defeating the devil is.

Keep in mind, everything has a particular way about it. There's no alternate way about doing it. Once you get that through your head, you still got a confusing game to play. There is some good animations in a few spots. But the time seems to move faster than it should. I wish I could use a guide while playing it.

It seems I would have to use both my computer & laptop just to do that. Now is that really necessary? I am also aware this game isn't long. It could be completed from half an hour to a little over that. Personal Nightmare doesn't have enough good things to help against the bad. I am still not calling it a bad game, at best it's alright.

The story of it is still somewhat interesting. I just can't over look it's major problems. One good thing is this game ends up being one of the smallest in size among my GOG collection. So little in fact, it won't affect anything I got installed in my computer. Personal Nightmare could've been something note worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment