Friday, November 2, 2018

GOG's Trick or Treat Sale purchase

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I almost went towards Steam for Pac-Man games. But I simply couldn't pass up a great Halloween sale. Also I used half my birthday money. On my birthday in a few weeks I get to use the other half. There is one particular feeling I couldn't shake off for years. Despite a lot of horror games I played.

I barely played any with vampires, I always been a huge fan of them since my child hood. I wanted to make sure to get as many games with vampires as possible. Of course I also wanted a great variety in game play as well as monsters. Hell some of these games have surprisingly difficult to watch death scenes.

This is the single biggest GOG order I have officially done. I knew the moment I found out about this sale I really wanted to shock up on horror games. There are a few honorable mentions that I do plan on getting later such as Carmageddon 1 and 2. Don't worry there's a chance I may use what's left of my birthday money on them or Steam or Xbox One.

Warning some of these games can be a little too much for those with a weak stomach or gets too scared easily. Remember there's no shame in not wanting to play these. But it could help a little bit in the long run. Otherwise please enjoy seeing what I gotten in my huge Halloween order.

1. Postal 2 with Paradise Lost (2003)

I won't say much on this since I already done a full review including most of the expansions. This is one of the most possibly offensive over the top games I have ever played. Just when you thought you seen everything you probably didn't try this. Postal 2 is not for everyone but to the right people it's plenty to keep playing for hours.

2. Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption (2000)

A friend of mine a long time ago introduced me to Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption. A hack & slack RPG horror game. You dive more into the dark world of vampires as well as other creatures. This game has a strong cult following. I usually see this in a lot of best vampire games lists. Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption should be in your collection.

3. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (2004)

I went many years not knowing about a sequel. In fact it's been a few years since I first found out about it. Sadly a lot of problems occur during it's development. They changed the teams to suddenly being forced to release an incomplete game. Just like Blood II, there's a lot of people making mods to help fix the game.

4. Dracula Trilogy (3 games) (1999, 2000 & 2008)

I am only based this on what I saw online. This series is sorta it's own continuation of the classic Bram Stoker's Dracula novel. On GOG you can score the first three in one deal.

5. Dracula 4+5 (2 games) (2013)

The two current Dracula games of that franchise. I don't even need to mention the big time gap or the serious change in art styles. I am very new to this series so I can't really say much but Dracula is a personal favorite of mine.

6. The 7th Guest (1993)

I knew about this game for a long time. Remember back in the 90s when many companies attempted FMV with actual people appearing in video games? Trust me this isn't the only one in my purchase. This is more or less about a mystery about possible murders.

7. The 11th Hour (1995)

Believe it or not, The 7th Guest got a sequel called The 11th Hour. Sadly since The 7th Guest 3 got canceled that was going to be funded by kick starter from many people. This is the final game of the franchise. I really can't say much since my information on it is a bit limited.

8. NecroVisioN (2009)

Are you sick of all those WW2 games don't worry because the supernatural comes to WW1 instead. I never played a game taking place on World War 1 before. Considering by it's description it has zombies, vampires & demons. So in a weird way this could be a Wolfenstein clone but it may be more than that.

9. NecroVisioN: Lost Company (2010)

Despite sharing the cover on some services this is actually a prequel that came a year later. I hope it plays well like Spear of Destiny did for Wolfenstein 3D.

10. Clive Barker's Undying (2001)

Hard to believe the famous horror author Clive Barker was involved in a horror FPS game. But it's very true he helped as much as he could. This is similar to games like BioShock series since you can fire guns & use powers. Except here it allows you to fire your guns & magic at the same time.

11. Personal Nightmare (1989)

Elvira was a big name back in the day. Still one of the most talked about horror TV shows ever. She appears on the logo as well in a few scenes. The game actually centers around the devil taking over the world in a few days. It is your goal to stop him or the world will be forever doomed or should I say damned.

12. Harvester (1996)

Probably one of the most mess up games in any of my collections. Harvester is a strange point & click game that does use digitized actors. This game is widely known for one of the greatest game over screens in history.

13. Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi (2003)

Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi is one of those every time you start the game. It randomly moves important stuff around. Your goal is to rescue people as well as kill a particular vampire. This so happens to be another FPS god I can't get enough of those lol.

14. Waxworks (1992)

Not to be confused by the movie of the same name. This is one of those different time periods games. Which means you have to relearn things several times during a run. OMG some of these death scenes are horrifying.

15. Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare (2001)

Ever since I bought Alone in the Dark Trilogy, I wanted to get this game. Trust me I kept my eye on it for several years now. I kept hearing it's similar to classic Resident Evil games. Although the original trilogy did likely inspire several times for the original Resident Evil game. This was the first multi platform title.

16. I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream (1995)

This is based on the book of the same name. If I'm not mistaken this is suppose to be a mental screw games. You know the ones that literately screws with you often. I recently learned of this game as of a few days ago.

17. Zombie Night Terror with Special Edition Upgrade (2016)
The most recent game in this huge purchase. Zombie Night Terror is best described as zombie Lemmings. Unlike most zombie games, where you play as a survivor taking on people and hordes of zombies. You actually control the hordes of zombies to eating people.

You can gain new abilities to help spice things up. I should mention some cool features got added in for free like level editor and a new level set on the moon.

18. Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet (1993)

Inspired by those stories by H. P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Muthos. Some surprisingly death scenes to possibly scare people away. You have to figure the mystery centering Halley's Comet as well as a cult.


19. Call of Cthulhu: Prisoner of Ice (1995)

Despite being sold as a follow up, this is it's own stand alone game. A very different story from the previous entry centering more on the military. This one seems to have a mixed reception but still has a cult following.

No comments:

Post a Comment