Saturday, November 17, 2018

Jack Red reviews The Wolf Among Us

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, a lot of people recommended The Wolf Among Us to me. When it came time to finally get it. I couldn't wait to see if it was well worth every penny or not. WOW without giving much away hands down one of the finest games to date in my opinion. I actually got a lot to say about this game.


The Wolf Among Us is based on Fables comic series. This game is a canon prequel to it. I do need to say before I start reviewing it's a real shame this no longer getting a sequel. I usually don't feel that way about a game that almost got one. Clearly after playing this all the way through it quickly became an exception.

This world is similar to many animation franchises you can name. Many characters including Bigby was actually the Big Bad Wolf. You heard me correctly most of them are alternate versions of fairy tale characters. Which by itself does spice things up. I felt in terms of making decisions this did a great job.

Just like their Walking Dead games, every decision you make greatly affects the story. I would say the story is easily one of their absolute best ever told. There are a few times you will be confuse about what to do next. One interesting thing is this was among their first games to have collectibles. Now you know where that concept in The Walking Dead: The Final Season came from.

Bigby is trying very hard to make up for stuff he done in the past. Most characters doesn't even want to be around him. This is a story of redemption that's inspiring for many reasons. I also like we can play in several phrases of his transformation. At one point he will become a giant wolf that really doesn't mess around.

I have to say the characters themselves are the best part of the game. Each one has their own personality that comes off being relatable. When it comes to the fight scenes this game doesn't hold back. Especially when you come rip a creature's arm off or not. This is strangely similar to Sam and Max since both their games involves being the law in a rather unusual world.

You get to learn a lot about several characters including their origins. No it doesn't fully reveal it all but enough to help piece the rest of it in your heads. This game did follow the success of The Walking Dead Season One. I am amazed not only it hold it's own against that. But also in some ways more enjoyable than some of those games I'm not kidding.

You do get to explore several locations within this world. This also has a few possible endings for each episode. I would say it's replayable value is very high even for a Telltale game. There's so many positives going for it. The closest negative thing I can say is there's no sequel. I got to be honest this game is one of the select few even if I could name it's flaws.

I still have to say it was very good well worth every minute of it. The Wolf Among Us is easily one of the greatest point & click games I ever played period. This game will keep you interested in it's story. There's a lot of moments to keep replaying it almost a entirely new experience. Obviously for the fighting portions it does do them better than Batman: The Telltale Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment