Saturday, November 17, 2018

Jack Red reviews The Walking Dead Season Two (Telltale)

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I was so excited to play Season Two of The Walking Dead even before I got to play it. I was actually nice enough to let a friend play it before me. He was staying with me for awhile. This is a worthy follow up that does some things better. For many people this is where the franchise starts to fall.

Personally I disagree that I will explain in one of my next blogs. This game is five episodes that went more into survival horror route. Some of the finest performances in any Telltale game is present here. Some decisions will bring out raw emotions among the first time playing. I won't say tell which emotions though.


The story centers around Clementine that has to survive through some tough obstacles. Sadly one of them involves an old friend of hers from Season One. You get to explore several locations being more on alert. Some of my favorite walker designs are in this game. There's a lot of characters this time around.

Surprisingly they got Michael Madsen to voice in this game. Just what you expect from his usual roles. He delivers a truly unforgettable performance. You will quickly notice Clementine is adapting faster than how she was in the previous game. A lot of moments that's really worth replaying the hell out of it.

Just like the previous game, it got many game of the year awards. They told a very interesting story in a way you couldn't possibly see how it ends. You see in Season One at several times you get ideas how it could end before you get there. Well okay there kinda is something but I already referenced it earlier on.

Other than that, Clementine despite being a child holds her own. She had to make some difficult decisions that most kids would shut down entirely coughs Sarah or run away. I got to respect Clementine much more because of it. Her actress does an amazing job with her lines. Some rather violent moments you mostly can't avoid seeing.

I do like this time you get to decide where you go. Trust me this by itself is a foreshadowing of Season Four game. I would say for the most part the story is told very well. Maybe not as well as Season One but good enough to work. I do like it's references to the previous game kinda like how some RE entries does that towards RE 1 or RE2.

I would say it's more clear what you are doing than in the previous game. But there's plenty of surprises including those that will go over your head. Like this one the voice for Reggie is actor Kumail Nanjiani. It is possible to have most characters from 400 Days to appear. Chances are half of them guarantee will show up.

The Walking Dead Season Two is a solid follow up. It does a lot right for the most part. Thank god they finally made uses for those characters from 400 Days. Clementine steals the show for being a huge step up from the previous game. The story itself is truly a work of art if I say so. This is easily one of their best sequels ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment