Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Jack Red reviews Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, you might be surprise to know I have played a couple of Lego video games. There's a couple I would like to play in the near future. A month ago, I bought a few Disney games on GOG. If you want to see what I got during their Disney sale go to this following link.

https://jackred1989.blogspot.com/2018/10/gogs-disney-week-purchases.html

I really wanted to talk about Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game. WOW this game was much better than I was expecting. I know a lot of people tend to think despite a few changes their virtually the same game. No they aren't because in super hero/super villains you get a variety of powers.

In Lego Harry Potter games you get to use more direct usage of magic. Even characters without powers does serve a purpose. I felt this ongoing criticism is partly misguided. Yes a lot of them are very similar in a lot of ways. At the same time they are their own thing based on a particular franchise.


Lego Pirates of the Caribbean is similar to some movie licensed Lego games. In terns of they based a handful of levels on the first four Pirates of the Caribbean movies. By playing story mode you have to use whatever characters you have in those levels. You could get help at several points to making it a bit easier.

Of course the real fun begins with free mode. You don't use up legos being killed or fall offscreen. The real bonus is you can use any characters you have unlocked. Which means you can be anyone among the roster in every level. Let's be honest there's several portions of most levels you simply can't do in story mode.

By doing free mode you can get to fully explore every level in the entire game. They did an amazing job recreating all four movies while making it their own. I should mention a lot of characters do appear randomly on the hub. Both tribal characters appears on the beach in front of where you summon in the hub.

You got to make sure you have enough among defeating some of them to unlock those characters. Otherwise you have to try again when you have enough legos. There's technically twenty levels with one bonus level among nearly getting 100% completion. You do end up beating the game several times in story mode.

I do need to bring up during free mode as long you remember to hit save & exit your process will be saved. Trust me it is a lot of work to get up to an 100% completion in this game. Like many Lego games, yes there's several versions of some characters. The only way to unlock dancing Jack is by entering a code.

There's a lot of variety within the levels themselves to keep bringing you back. Obviously a few major changes occurs but it really doesn't ruin the plot. You can buy red cheat hats that enables several codes in game. Such as increasing the amount of legos by one or more multipliers. Trust me close to the highest possible multiplier just starting a level you didn't get true pirate in.

Within few minutes you will get that rank I'm not kidding. Some minikits do require viewing from different angles. Some of them won't make sense at first but eventually you will get it. A huge part of completing the game's percentage is finding things with Jack's compass. Yes it does count finding some stuff without it.

This process can be tedious & sometimes annoying depending on several things. You often put yourself in danger unable to jump. Also if you aren't using Cursed Jack or anyone among Davy Jones' crew. When you go into the water you instantly stop using the compass. There's plenty of great characters to play as.

I got to be honest about a few key things. In Lego Batman series, there's plenty of characters doing what some can do. For example there's characters that can destroy silver lego things. I felt it was very limited in who you can use for many things. But you should quickly know which characters to choose.

The levels themselves are well designed that can be speed run with the right strategy. You will quickly get use to how things works in this game. Even if you don't for several hours, you will get better. I should mention some obstacles can quickly destroy your characters. Thankfully most of them are very simple to deal with.

I would say one of the most annoying are four particular active canons. It took me awhile to figure out how to destroy them. Guess what all you need to do is get four skulls then stuff them in each cannon. This also will get you a minikit you are welcome. There's just so much to see even in the hub portion.

Everything else is done just right. Honestly it felt like I was reliving each movie featured in this game. Including the later two which I wasn't a fan of. Although the levels based on them are much better in comparison. There is some game play variety that's more notable in free mode. I do enjoy the moving between vehicles portion.

Only Blackbeard can do something to red & black lego things. Very few of them you would likely not even notice are Blackbeard's. Most boss fights are simple with the Krakken being one of the trickiest. The bonus level is actually based on Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Despite finding stuff with Jack's compass or a lot of legos you can collect.

By this point the only way to get the final eighty fifth gold brick is finishing the level. There's three bosses from Barbossa, Davy Jones and Blackbeard. Yes all three of the main antagonists in one level. They end up being much easier than their respective boss fights prior. Sure there's a few small issues I have with the game including crashing.

I been through several crashes during my 100% completion run. Although it wasn't terrible I quickly got back up to where I was. They did an great job recreating Pirates of the Caribbean. Especially if it got me to finally enjoy the third & forth movies. Now that by itself is a huge achievement. I would say it is one of my favorite among Lego games as well as my Disney purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment