Saturday, November 17, 2018

Jack Red reviews The Walking Dead: A New Frontier aka Season Three (Telltale)

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, the second most recent entry in this great franchise. I bet a lot of you are wondering how does it compare to the other Walking Dead games? Trust me I will give you a great idea where I rank each game. I will try very hard to not spoil anything major in this game. I do own two versions of it on Xbox One.


This time you have two playable characters dealing with a lot of the story. Clementine's portions are stuff that already happened that does open the door for the next Walking Dead game. For the most part you are playing as Javier whose trying to protect his family. I will say the decisions in this game are among some of the toughest yet.

You do get to kill a lot of things during the course of the game. Trust me this one has some surprises in it's multiple choices you won't see coming. Story wise I have to be honest I do like it. But it doesn't handle a torch to the first two games. They focus some portions of Javier on his past prior to the events of the game.

Don't get me wrong I do find that interesting actually done better than the first few seasons of Fear the Walking Dead. Yes I watch that show too even from the beginning. There's a special reason behind that since I was married a little before it aired the first episode. So in that regard I can connect to a personal level to this game.

There's a couple of characters with some will eventually change how you feel about them. I am not revealing which ones but trust me when you get that far in. You will know whom I'm referring to. You get to explore several locations. In a weird way it comes off like Fallout series. I don't want to clarify in what way since doing so is spoilers.

This game is very story driven with some well thought out action sequences. There's some potential of greatness here. Speaking of that, Jesus from the comics appears in this game too. The final episode will throw you off during your first play through in a way you won't see coming. This game centers on protecting your family during the apocalypse.

There's some great voice acting but I did notice the first two really set the bar for that. This one isn't as clear what to do but it shouldn't take too long to figure it out. I would say it is a good follow up to Season Two but it's close in some ways. I am not saying I'm disappointed in this game because I'm not by any means.

No comments:

Post a Comment