Saturday, November 17, 2018

Jack Red reviews Batman: The Telltale Series

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I figured to review Telltale's first Batman game. I got this for Christmas with a gift card at Best Buy. I already expected to love this game even before I got to play it. There's plenty of Batman games on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. The big question is how does it hold up?


Batman: The Telltale Series aka Season One is a great Batman game. Not only it brings what they been doing recently. They also did a great job keeping it true to Batman. You have to make some difficult decisions that will greatly affect how the story plays out. Like Batman: Arkham series, you get to piece together how some crime scenes played out.

I got to be honest they picked a great cast for this game. I was very impressed with everyone's performances. You will see a lot of Catwoman during the course of it. You do play notably more of Bruce Wayne. Now this by itself is interesting since you usually play as Batman. There aren't many examples where you can play as both Bruce & Batman with Lego Batman series being another exception.

Basically without giving too much away your goal is to stop this mysterious group from destroying Gotham City. Surprisingly Ra's al Ghul has absolutely nothing to do with this. I guess he might've learned from Batman: Arkham City lol. The fight portions are well thought out. I still say The Wolf Among Us nailed it a little better.

The audio department is really good in this game. You do get to explore several locations especially Wayne Manor. Trust me they really slam you with some great story you won't expect among the first play through. I did like The Penguin is a close friend of Wayne's. Usually I don't give praise to that character.

Hell both Batman Returns & Gotham had two of my favorite versions of him. This game has another one I actually like. You also get to see Harvey become Two Face. I am not surprised by it but I was surprised how much I like this version of Two Face. Way better than Batman Forever despite having the idol actor playing him.

I won't spoil whose the main antagonist. I do want to say they deliver on a truly original Batman story. I also like John Doe is technically The Joker. Yes folks even his nemesis makes an appearance in the game. WOW this guy quickly steals the show despite how little he appears. Sadly I still haven't got to play the follow up.

I would say if you can't get a hold of Batman: Arkham series. This is one of the next best options to play Batman. I also like some fights has Catwoman too. This game delivers on unique experience even for a Batman game. There's a lot of potential for licensed games. I would impressed how good the game actually was.

No comments:

Post a Comment