Sunday, November 11, 2018

Jack Red reviews Postal: Classic and Uncut

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, This purchase isn't affecting the other half of my birthday. I worked hard to get some more games on GOG. I got the first two Serious Sam games and the original Postal. Keep in mind my knowledge prior to playing it was limited. I did play Postal 2 first like many people did. But I did wonder how was the original Postal like.


If you think Postal 2 is like this then you are mistaken. In Postal 2 you can go through most of the game not doing bad things. Also despite being very offensive to all kind of people. It did have a more comedical style. Postal 1 is surprisingly a darker game. Your goal is on every single level to kill most hostile people.

When you have the number it tells you to kill press F1 there I just saved you from getting confused you're welcome. There is no rewards of penalties for killing the innocent. You do get a good variety of weapons with your default having infinite ammo. The actual game play is sorta similar to classic GTA games.

The only animal you can kill is ostriches. I got to be honest the maps are very well detailed. Sure trying to move through blind spots can be a little frustrating. The actual artwork is very good of this genre. I also like you can change the color of the Postal Dude's coat. I wish they could put a little more customization but I'll take the coat.

Postal 1 has two different versions on Steam. Sadly I didn't get to play Postal Redux being close to ten bucks. The version I got also includes levels from Special Delivery expansion & the Japanese version. The game actually gives you an option for which levels you play in the campaign. Doing the short ones won't give you the ending.

You do get the option to play with every level. I am not holding this against Postal 2 since Paradise Lost came out a few years ago. You can execute people moving on the ground. I got to say the controls are great. You do have to look up the story in advance to get an idea what's going on. Yes it is one of those games.

Postal 1 does not have any bosses to deal with. Some sentries can be tough to take down except for explosives. Sometimes you will be wandering around looking for just one more hostile person to kill. I should mention this game also has multiplayer. Some releases also comes with a level editor. Trust me this game gets crazy from the start.

It may not be as good as Postal 2. This game is still fun to play today. I should mention originally Postal Dude had long hair. Sometimes people keep coming out of buildings. A few times enemies will come out. Postal 1 is simply a mindless game about killing people. There isn't much game play variety to be found here.

A lot of games do that many people still remember. Postal 1 does have some interesting locations to cause mayhem. Honestly the extra levels added are very good. Not only they look before than many campaign levels. It pushes this game to a more dark/gray area that may turn some people off. I would say if you enjoy Postal 2 that enjoys shooters in general you need to give this a try.

This game's ending is a joke of itself. He really tries to kill kids at school but can't. I just love this game usage of black & red. The fact they went for such a direction got it banned in 10 countries I'm not kidding. The reason why he became who he is turns out to be a rather unusual story. A mysterious substance infected majority of people in Paradise, Arizona.

He believes himself to be the only one not infected by it. Although during the ending he does become crazy. There is some references like Gesa a parody of Sega. Postal 1 is more luck than actual strategy. Sometimes you have to move in between several enemies likely to take damage. It is possible to kill enemies at a distance without them doing anything.

Postal 1 does have codes as well as a level selection. I do recommend you play enough of the game to get all the levels. Trust me some of the later levels are worth replaying. When you get caught on fire it will quickly go away. I think the best part of the game is causing explosions. I am not kidding you can kill a lot of enemies by firing enough bullets or explosives at barrels.

Overall it may come off dated or people might take of it as a early GTA clone. I'm talking pre GTA III clone to clarify. Honestly I love a game that makes the obstacle simple. Regularly if I'm not in the mood to play the campaign. I would play death match for a few hours. This is like a single player version of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment