Thursday, January 18, 2018

Top 5 Reasons Why Injustice 2 is better than Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I got a lot of Christmas games this past Christmas. Two of those were Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition & Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. Even with all those games I have to play. I found a lot of time to take notes on both of these fighting games. I am going to flat out say two things on my chest.

1. OMG Injustice 2 is so damn good that it's an candidate for possibly one of the greatest fighting games ever made.

2. I can't believe how disappointing Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite actually was.

Before anyone gets upset over anything this blog will explain why I feel the way I do. Now obviously this is DC vs. Marvel related theme blog. At the same time I'm not doing my usual comparison. I quickly realized in most areas Injustice 2 completely dominates over MVC: Infinite. I am a bigger Marvel fan that is highly recommending a DC game over a Marvel one. End of the day this is my blog, my opinion & all that matters is letting people that do care how I feel.


I really can't say enough good things about either Injustice game in general. Usually I speak very high of Marvel vs. Capcom series. This is one of the rare times I honestly can't do that. By doing so here would not be myself at it's truest form. I felt you guys deserve a Top 5 list to get a better idea what I'm getting at. These are the very reasons why Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite simply doesn't live up to it's legacy.

5. Better dlcs
WOW Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is making us to buy for two dlc packs being thirty dollars. Why not simply allow us to buy a season pass instead? Also they didn't do a good job picking their dlc characters. Yes most of them are new to the series but I felt they could've did better. I mean come on you have access to thousands possibly millions of Marvel characters. Yes this the best you can do because I'm not impressed.

Let's look at Injustice 2, despite buying for source crystals that helps with leveling gear faster & enabling other characters that's technically costumes in game. You do have their version of a season pass called Ultimate Edition. This gives you great shaders and nine dlc characters. Unfortunately you do have to buy for Darkseid separately. Although by having Ultimate Edition at a great price. This was a much better deal saving you money.

4. Every character has an ending
Usually Marvel vs. Capcom games most characters does have endings. The only reason Marvel vs. Capcom 2 didn't was because it was a huge game for it's time in the arcade. Yet it still had one ending that we all know is the canon ending. I really can't believe in arcade mode not only no one had endings. All we do get is a screen thanking us for playing.

Are you kidding me Capcom? What if I nearly had a heart attack on the final boss? Usually which characters on your team that defeats the final boss gets their ending. Well guess what you play with teams among beating it counts for both characters? What this further ruins the experience was hoping for in so many ways.

In comparison, thank god every character on Injustice 2's roster has an ending. They're all very faithfully to their respective character. Yes Battle Simulator may not sound like arcade mode at first. Trust me it is a great experience for many reasons. Near by it in Multiverse mode similar to MKX with it's challenges. You can go for better gears including difficult ones.

A true hardcore Injustice fan would go all the way in the harder Multiverse mode meant for the best players. This by itself gives me more reason to care about Injustice 2. All of that is a major improvement over the lackluster experience. I should mention another key reason why I prefer Battle Simulator.

Brainiac does have some exclusive moves on his ship level. At the same time you can deal with the extra challenge. In comparison I do like Ultron Sigma's boss fight to some degree. Where it goes down hill is Ultron Omega who reminds me of G Gundam's Devil Gundam. This form loves blocking that can take a long time to break through.

This form also loves to waste your time with Ultron robots. The longer you take on defeating them, the more health he recovers. I didn't mine in both versions of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 with Galactus since his boss fight was better balanced. I felt here it was clearly rushed with very little to enjoy of it. This final boss is a major slap to the face.

Who doesn't remember Onslaught in Marvel vs. Capcom 1 or a game that inspired it Marvel Super Heroes with Thanos? I mean come on if you can't nail ridiculous huge bosses anymore. Then gives us a slightly bigger than most playable characters boss instead. Honestly I did expect a lot more from Ultron Omega. He quickly becomes predictable with cheap attacks.

3. Better story mode
This is also a no brainer for me, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is very similar to Marvel Super Heroes in the arcades. Which shouldn't be confused with other games of the same title. In both games involves the infinity gems during combat. Very inspired by the same comic book arc they're based for the next Avengers movie.

Although a lot of moments were great in their own right. The overall pace of the story with some battles ruins the experience. Please allow me to explain some parts you have to fight multiple opponents. Most of these you keep taking them out until you win. However they could've made it more fun. Didn't they play Mortal Kombat (2011)'s story mode?

They nailed fighting against multiple characters during several parts of their story mode. So why not Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite? One particular battle with Nemesis, you have to defeat him to win. You can take out B.O.W. all you want since he just returns shortly after his defeat. Now why would they include that in the story mode is beyond me?

Oh wait it gets more frustrating some battles involves background characters attacking you often. You can't do anything to them with dodging & blocking putting you in danger. I am really glad major of Injustice 2's story mode is strictly one on one. This is exactly why they chose to not attempt it again. Yes there is an ending for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite at the end of story mode.

Honestly it is more of a secret cut scene like in some Devil May Cry games. Except those are actually done better. In comparison by beating Injustice 2's story mode you unlock Brainiac. All the fights gives you a lot of credits and gears for several characters. Unlike Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, there's two endings with a few battles leading to each ending.

What's better is some chapters allows you to switch between two characters. Yes Injustice 2 is keeping track at when you beat those fights as both of them. By adding that in allows you to be more at ease & prepare. You can't do that at all in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. I should mention during Ultron Omega's portions. They really spike up the difficulty making it a lot more frustrating than being fun.

Don't get me wrong I like a good challenge but when any game becomes too much for the wrong reasons. You know you aren't playing a good game. I am sorry folks this Marvel vs. Capcom game is more disappointing than Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter. Injustice 2 just has more going for it in the long run.

2. Bigger, better roster of characters
Including all dlc characters, Injustice has two more characters. But I can't believe this is the roster for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. Even with the new characters, they didn't do a good job spicing up the old ones. I strongly felt this by itself was a major missed opportunity. Also considering the last few Marvel vs. Capcom games had more characters. You would expect they would attempt to up that number but no they don't.

Now look at Injustice 2, even without including it's dlc characters. The character roster is more appealing & mind blowing. It stands out in such a huge way that could stand the test of time. I kid you not they did a very good job at picking their characters. I am honestly very happy with how they revamped the old characters. At the same time how they fit the new characters in.

OMG how is there more Marvel dlc characters than Capcom ones? I know Capcom are the one making the game sure. At the same time look at both versions of Marvel vs. Capcom 3. They even out both sides for their dlc characters. Technically they became new characters right off the bat for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. But before that they all were going to be dlc characters for the original Marvel vs. Capcom 3. So in my mind they should count here.

Injustice 2 has Hellboy, Sub-Zero, Raiden and the turtles as dlc fighters. WOW I knew there had to be someone from Mortal Kombat series to be in Injustice 2. I really didn't expect Hellboy & the turtles since different comic book companies owns them. Every character in Injustice 2 stands out such a huge way. I really can't say enough positive things about them.

1. Customizing your characters
First off why aren't costumes already included in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite? As stated earlier you have to buy for all dlc characters together or separately. But those characters will come with their extra costumes. You also have to buy all characters already in the game's extra costumes.

Now what sense does that make? Bottom line if any characters within a fighting character doesn't have alternate outfits right off the bat. Unless there's a good reason for it then there's going to be hell over it. I could accept hidden costumes within the game. I simply can't accept buying for more costumes.

Also yes I did take a look at them & I'm really not impressed. This game felt more like a cheap cash in than a true entry a once legendary fighting game franchise. In comparison, Injustice 2 doesn't have set costumes. At first some would think of this as a red flag. Then you start getting gear for your characters.

Very quickly you get use to changing stuff on your characters. Sometimes looking way better than they originally did. Sometimes looks slightly worse but there's plenty room for improvement literately. In both multiverse modes and guild you can get more help in difficult changes. Depending exactly how each piece of your gear applies to your overall stats.

Of course having them as close to your character's level as possible can really help you out. This feature by itself is very likely why it won fighting game of 2017 award. Not to piss anyone off but I do kinda prefer customizing existing characters & creating ones in Soulcalibur series. I do have great reasons why but in this comparison.

Yes you don't have a set of costumes. But the beauty of it is over time you can custom your character the way you want. This makes you feel right at home with every character present within the game. After hours of customizing many characters. I would rather have this feature over okay dlc costumes any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment