Friday, January 5, 2018

Nintendo 64 vs. PlayStation Face Off #4 Spider-Man

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, today I will reveal another of my N64 games I got for Christmas. I grew up with Spider-Man on PlayStation. Which is not to confuse to many similar titled games. This was developed by Neversoft that did a great job with the source material. This is still considered one of the greatest Spider-Man games in history.


This past Christmas I got Spider-Man on Nintendo 64 aka Spider-Man 64 since it's the only Spider-Man game. Yes I checked it is true unfortunately. How does the N64 version hold up to the original PlayStation version let's find out? Presentation wise this was an easy for PlayStation version. Not because it got mashed from PlayStation disc to Nintendo 64 cartridge.

In PlayStation version, originally had video cut scenes. By now everyone knows N64 wasn't capable of recreating that. They decided to put an awesome screen border picture. Sadly it quickly loses it's appeal when you see the actual pictures representing those cut scenes. They did an horrible job with them that it could hurt your eyes.

Look I'm not trying to be a jerk about it. I am just saying if you are going to give us some pictures. You better take the time to make them look better than this crap. Control wise I have to give it to PlayStation version. Parts of the controls on N64 version aren't that bad. However if you are new to the controls.

You won't get far although similar codes for both versions do exists. A great example of this is webbing ends up being trickier in N64 version. Yet web slinging ends up being easier than PlayStation version. Some songs aren't present in N64 version. The songs it does have are great for a licensed game on the console.

My cartridge is colored red adding more appeal to that version. Yes it is possible to get it in a standard gray cartridge. There's only one disc design for PlayStation. For the time it works but compared to the artwork on N64 cartridge. I have to go with N64 version on that one. After comparing all the major stuff I believe the better version of Spider-Man is PlayStation.

You get more songs, better overall audio, better controls, better presentation and a lot easier to find on the market. Due to the N64 version not as well known, it could cost you more to buy it. Another great reason to stick with the original PlayStation version. I will give the N64 version one thing it turns left a strong mixed impression on me.

I am honestly not saying I don't care for it but as a gamer. Sometimes after playing a better version or before you want to stick with that version more. If you don't honestly feel that way then you are a weird person lol.

Winner: Spider-Man on PlayStation

No comments:

Post a Comment