Friday, January 5, 2018

Nintendo 64 vs. PlayStation Face Off #8 Mario Party Trilogy vs. Crash Bash

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I briefly been around the original Mario Party. I did grew up with Mario Party 2 & 3, both considered two of the best party games on the console. I also had Crash Bash on PlayStation being one of my last Crash games I owned. Yes another Mario vs. Crash showdown but this time centered around a party mini game theme.

Mario Party Trilogy

Before I start talking about these amazing games. I do realize it's not fair to put three N64 games against one PlayStation game. But I really don't think I could do this with anything else. Mario Party trilogy has some of the best mini games you ever play. A great roster of characters with many twists on each board. Some additional mode does change things up. So much content to keep you busy for years.


Crash Bash

Crash Bash is one of the first Crash spin off games. Also the first party Crash game that I had some fun memories playing. A great roster of characters with easy to learn mini games. Some of the best songs within the entire franchise in my opinion. Crash Bash is possibly the easiest Crash game to beat on the console.

Audio wise even if I went with the best songs of Crash Bash. I have to go with Mario Party Trilogy for many reasons. Obviously sound effects are way better & more rememberable songs. Mini game wise this is another easy win for Mario Party Trilogy. Most mini games in Crash Bash is either ripping off Mario Party or classic Atari games.

I felt more originality & varied for Mario Party Trilogy. These games offers a lot more content that will take a long time to fully experience. You could go through all the frustration of uneven difficulty of Crash Bash. Why do that if you simply gain more with Mario Party. This was way too obvious but Mario Party Trilogy wins.

Winner: Mario Party Trilogy on Nintendo 64

No comments:

Post a Comment