Thursday, January 18, 2018

Nintendo 64 vs. PlayStation Face Off #10 Namco Museum

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, today I cover a rather strange case of Namco history. Usually some consoles only get one Namco Museum compilation game. However in this blog entry there does exists an exception. Namco Museum on PlayStation is technically five games with a bonus six game. I will explain more about the sixth one later on.

I briefly got to play two discs of it at someone who used to be a friend of ours. I got to be honest even right now I'm still blown away by it. In fact if I do choose to start up a new PlayStation collection. I will make sure to get all five discs of Namco Museum. More recently for Christmas I got Namco Museum 64 for Nintendo 64.


Namco Museum 64 has six classic arcade games. All of them are ported on almost every console including homebrew ports. This is strictly the games since Nintendo 64's cartridge can only handle so much. They're still solid ports on the console. Yes you can play these with another player making some more fun.


Namco Museum on PlayStation is usually shown as five games that make up one huge game. Although as stated before there is technically a sixth entry called Namco Museum Encore. Sadly it is exclusive to Japan making getting a copy of it difficult. In it's entirely is packed with over thirty arcade classics.

This is one of the rare times PlayStation really out done Nintendo 64. Namco Museum series didn't just give you the games. It made you feel like you're actually exploring these crazy, unique worlds. A lot of great content for any Namco fan. Let's be honest everything in every possible category goes to PlayStation. Even if I did just Namco Museum Encore, it still would win against Namco Museum 64.

Winner: Namco Museum series on PlayStation

No comments:

Post a Comment