Friday, January 5, 2018

Nintendo 64 vs. PlayStation Face Off #5 Ready 2 Rumble Boxing

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, today I want to talk about a forgotten boxing franchise. Ready 2 Rumble for a short time was one of the best boxing games around it's era. Too bad the reboot on Wii killed the franchise even more. I grew up with PlayStation version but recently this past Christmas got it's N64 counterpart.

To be honest I actually own both Ready 2 Rumble games on N64. I just found out the Dreamcast version was the original version. Officially making this a face off between two of it's ports. I will say before I start comparing the two that I do like both versions. Of course you are welcome to have an opinion as long you are respectable otherwise go away please.


Despite both versions came out on Halloween. I must give the controls & better difficulty to PlayStation version. It is confusing to memorize the controls on N64 version since the controller has more buttons. The way they went about it on PlayStation works perfectly. Difficulty seems to be slightly more aggressive opponents in N64 version.

The design of Ready 2 Rumble Boxing PlayStation design stands out more than the N64 cartridge artwork. You have Afro's head covering most of the disc was a clever way of getting your attention. There's just something about that kind of afro that gets people's attention lol. Audio wise it is very close surprisingly. A slight edge to PlayStation version for having better sound effects.

Yes you can cheat in both versions easily. I felt I am simply getting more out of PlayStation version. To be fair Ready 2 Rumble Boxing on N64 did impress me more than what I was expecting. It looks better than Spider-Man on the same console. At least there are those things I can say positive about it. I should mention one more thing both ports has one exclusive character.

PlayStation version has Gino Stiletto and Nintendo 64 has J. R. Flurry. It sucks how much gaming change from versions being this different. It kinda pointless to do from Seventh Generation to up now.

Winner: Ready 2 Rumble Boxing on PlayStation

No comments:

Post a Comment