Thursday, August 13, 2020

My thoughts on Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

 Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, I think I waited long enough to give my current impressions on Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time. This is by the same team who remastered the first three Spyro games. A review for that compilation will be coming still, I haven't resume them yet. There also was technically a fourth Crash game I actually played called Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex.

The announcement of a new fourth Crash game means they aren't remastering that game. There doesn't appear to be many dlcs, I still think they'll be dirt cheap. Crash 4 has a new look for classic characters I do like. Way better than some of the later games that nearly got me to throw up especially Tiny Tiger. I also liked they are using some platforming mechanics while adding new stuff.

After playing Crash trilogy compilation & Crash Team Racing Ntro-Fueled, my expectations are high. Keep in mind, we still don't know how we could be selecting the stages. I just hope it isn't done like in Crash 1. How both Crash 2 and 3 went about the stages is very easy to memorize. Also, it's annoying to struggle on a stage you can't skip.

Based on the trailers I have seen of the game. I can say so far I'm interested in giving the game a try. Now considering this is a Crash game you know it's going to have some difficult spots. I hated the bridge stages from Crash 1 with an passion. It sorta reminds me of Sonic Mania that's virtually doing the same thing. The so called fourth game got replaced by a newer, better one.

Crash 4 has a lot of potential being one of the best Crash games or one of the worst. I do think it was clever having a portion where you play as Dingodile. I do think like this team nailing Spyro trilogy so well could pull off a great new Crash game. Obviously, they are reusing parts of The Wrath of Cortex's concept here.

This game is likely going to sell well. I don't think it would out sell either Crash remastered games though. I still think it will be one of the best selling in the entire franchise without question. Even if the game surprisingly isn't great. Crash 4 is made possible because they allowed time travel with Coco in the compilation true story.

Overall, where it stands I'm likely going to get this game soon. I am hoping to be mind blown how great it might be. I'm still very happy how MediEvil got remade on PS4 despite that not selling well. Anyway, Crash 4 should be a home run for this franchise. Even if Crash or Spyro no longer Sony's mascots, they're futures is bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment