Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Jack Red reviews Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie (Rare Replay)

Update: as of August 20th, 2020, I gotten the final Banjo-Kazooie achievement. Now I got every achievement in the first two Banjo-Kazooie games. I can't guarantee when Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts could show up on here. 

Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, don't expect many reviews coming from Rare Replay. But a few are likely in consideration right now. I figured on top of beating Banjo-Tooie a little while ago on my end. Why not give you a review of the first two Banjo-Kazooie games. I still haven't finish Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts so don't expect that here.

Now considering these games are so similar with some of their differences still being similar in some way. I will do what I do, I'll review them together while making clear which game I'm talking about at times. So you don't confuse while you read this. I will say this both of them are easily among my favorites in Rare Replay without question.

Both games brought some mechanics from another famous N64 platformer, Super Mario 64. Personally, I felt there's more going for these games in comparison sorry Nintendo. You need to gain access to the worlds. Unlike a lot of video games, these stages doesn't end when you beat a boss or getting it 100%. No to leave it you literately need to use the same way you came in.

I do need to mention, the worlds in Banjo-Kazooie are nice sized. Damn, Banjo-Tooie made the worlds a lot bigger. You get teleport spots to help getting to areas within a world faster. Chuffy, a train also connects to most of them. A hatch can take you to the other hub world sections. Originally, Mumbo would transform Banjo into many things.

This was later given to Wumba, an Indian character that wasn't on good terms with Mumbo. I also liked in Banjo-Tooie, you get to play as Mumbo do some ridiculous stuff like bringing aliens back to life or making it rain. The first game most moves are used together. However, a large amount of moves are meant for Banjo or Kazooie separately.

It is easy to memorize how to get to the worlds. The deeper you get, the more possibilities. Especially true with Banjo-Tooie late into it. There's absolutely no question that Banjo-Tooie is the longer game. I will say I highly recommend both of these N64 classics. Banjo-Tooie also has multiplayer with a couple characters.

The humor alone is one reason why more people need to play these. Even if you only play Conker's Bad Fur Day prior. Although in this case, Banjo-Kazooie games kept things interesting with game play mechanics with more reason to use em. Thankfully, both games does keep track of your overall process even for a particular world you're working on.

The bosses are mostly easy to figure out. But trust me some of the later ones are surprisingly difficult. Like Mingy Jongo has this unique camera focus during his boss fight. Each hit he takes, more of his disguise breaks off revealing a robot doppelganger. It is possible this likely help inspired the Haybot from Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Both final bosses will truly test you with one of those being shared is manual aiming. There are questions you need to answer. Each section with it has a different punishment for failing. They highly suggest even to the little things pay attention to everything. You will be quiz about it even during Banjo-Tooie's final boss fight.

There's a great variety of worlds in both games. I also liked the surprises they hid. Obviously some are more hidden than others. I briefly brought up in my Rare Replay review about a feature completed on Xbox 360. There's new cheat codes that will help you finding the new stuff. Honestly, there's so much to cover it would take hours.

Bottles was originally the one teaching you moves but later that role was given to Jamjars. By pure coincidence also a mole character. Banjo-Tooie was nice enough to automatically give you every move from the previous game. I should mention, notes were originally used to open areas are now used for moves in the following game.

Originally, there was a life system with Banjo statues representing extra lifes. But they removed it altogether in Banjo-Tooie. Personally, I loved they done it that way because these games can be challenging in other ways too. Keep in mind, I'm actually reviewing Xbox 360 versions from the XBLA label.

One particular text got changed in Banjo-Tooie during the true ending about the third game. Originally it was Banjo-Threeie but later became Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. I am so happy both of them made it into Rare Replay. Plenty of great audio especially the songs you could listen to for many hours. Even my criticisms aren't that much of an issue to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment