Thursday, August 13, 2020

Jack Red reviews Garry's Mod

 Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, it's finally time to talk about one of my absolute favorite games ever. Originally started as sorta a follow up mod of someone else's mod. Quickly became something unique that everyone had to play. Of course, I'm talking about Garry's Mod. One of the greatest sandbox games I ever played period.

Garry's Mod is simply lets you do what you want kind of game. There is no real goal or any possible way to beat it. Essentially, it is meant to allow some of your craziest fantasies come to life. No not that way perverts lol. Users can upload free custom content to spice up the game. There's so many possible maps it's ridiculous.

Virtually any possibility is likely going to happen here. You could play as any character or go against anything imaginable. You also could use any weapon or have a ridiculous amount of em I'm not kidding. It's a bit tricky, you also can record stuff during the game play. There are some sick mods you can get. Like a video player mod that actually lets you stream YouTube videos.

Of course, you have to be on particular maps. A little confusing process yet I loved someone attempted the concept. You also can enable flight mode just in case you'll need it. Garry's Mod eventually got it's own engine or should I say it's own variation of the Source engine. At one point, it had an achievement system no longer the case.

I put a few hundred hours on Steam just on this game alone. I am not kidding when I say it is a very addicting game. I don't think I could play anything like it. For me, that's something truly special even for a game worth ten bucks. Garry's Mod is getting updates that will help improve some stuff you could do. You could spawn a ridiculous amount of enemies on screen.

Yes even to the point it barely moves or even causes the game to crash lol. A particular YouTuber would love this game very much. Keep in mind, this was originally a mod for Half-Life 2. Not long just having a supported Source engine game could allow you to play it. All of that before getting it's own engine to prevent having to buy other games to just play that one.

Already this game is saving you money. I should warn you it is very easy to get too carried away with getting mods. Removing them can be done a few ways. Garry's Mod is senseless fun with little to no real limits. You will be very surprised a lot of stuff you can use. You also could do poses with rag dolls that can be a little frustrating at times to do.

People also created their own modes for this game. Most of them are multiplayer theme with their own rules. It is possible to simply play coop but everyone involved has to limit what they have. Otherwise, you would be lucky to go far. Basically, it has to be around the same amount of mods or it starts limiting things.

Coop itself seems smaller scale to playing by yourself. Now in most games with coop, you got plenty of room to work with. Not exactly true in Garry's Mod sadly. I do recommend playing by yourself since it takes much longer without spawning too much on the screen to start going slow or to crash. You have no real limit where you can go either.

This game really doesn't hold back getting ridiculous. It just keeps getting more ridiculous at a fast pace. I could even say it is the most ridiculous video game I ever played. A scientist teacher once used this game in an experiment for his class. It isn't often you hear video games getting used in schools or colleges.

It most plays like a FPS game, although through modding you can get creative. You actually can show off some of your favorite franchises ever in one place. This game continues to blow my mind which is also rare for me. Garry's Mod is something so unique that I highly recommend everyone to go check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment