Sunday, January 3, 2021

My Top 10 guesses who else might be in Season 8 of Death Battle

 What you're about to read was originally a long comment replying to a question, one of the admins for the Facebook group Death Battle ++ asked. I think I could be on the money with most these choices.

An intro not part of this long comment

Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, I figured I should throw out some largely likely to show up characters in Season 8 of Death Battle. This new season starting in a few months is meant to doing some of their biggest requests ever in one season.

There's a lot of request fights over the years. I won't be surprised I don't list the actual fights they're doing. But you asked a great question so I'll do my best answer to it. Just expect this to be a long post in advance.

I won't be naming characters like Ryuko Matoi since she's confirmed to be coming. From that point, it will be fair game. Alucard from Hellsing is one of my favorite vampire characters. By now you already know they're doing Alucard vs Dio episode.

They even directly referenced doing the episode during Jon Talbain vs Sabrewulf episode. Alex Mercer from Prototype series is another likely candidate. His name gets thrown around between Carnage from Marvel and Cole from Infamous series.

In that regard makes whoever he's facing going to be one crazy fight. Another character I would like to see is Medusa Gorgon. Her biggest request is against Orochimaru from Naruto. Personally, I really would love to see those two go at it.

I highly expecting Sosuke Aizen from Bleach to show up. Everyone really wants Aizen vs Madara fight. It's no secret, two of the deadliest anime/manga villains of all time. Personally, I got my money on Aizen.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kenpachi Zaraki also from Bleach to show up. Everyone really wants him to face Akuma from Street Fighter series. Largely due to three particular episodes of One Minute Melee.

A true fact, I actually was the original person who requested that fight for their show. I was surprised people wanted more of it. So I got a personal connection to that fight. Somewhat like Sweet Tooth vs The Joker episode because ScrewAttack put my prediction blog on their front page.

Added for Kenpachi section

Oh well I am willing to throw out another potential opponent for Kenpachi. Roronoa Zoro is going to give him one hell of a sword fight. These two have destroyed an meteorite in one move. I would even be more excited to see this than Akuma vs Kenpachi.

Of course that was back when it was just a website. No one probably remembers me anyway lol. Galactus is another very likely choice here. Everyone really, really wants Galactus vs Unicron. I been waiting for years to witness a very epic battle.

Two world devours with god like abilities. The universe itself isn't safe. Of course, the animation is going to be truly mind blowing in the right hands. I really waiting patiently to see this episode.

Bart Simpson is one of my favortie cartoon characters ever. I am well aware his biggest request so happens to be one of the most offensive characters in television history. Eric Cartman from South Park now I totally understand why these two.

Two bad kids that have done some truly horrible things to people. Cartman has done stuff worthy of Hell. I even see this getting more requested than Homer vs Peter fight now. Don't think this is the only cartoon fight on my list either.

Bugs Bunny is easily one of my favorite cartoon characters of all time. Everyone really wants him to face Mickey Mouse from Disney. Honestly, this is one of those fights they could do multiple possible ways.

Which would make it likely getting a few rematches in the near future more interesting. Actually more than most fights anyway. Michael Myers is one of my favorite slasher villains ever. Everyone really wants him to face Jason Voorhees.

I truly understand the connections. Honestly, I only hope the death going to be very brutal. These two are legendary slasher villains with a huge body count. I have my money surprisingly on Jason though.

My final character trust me this was a difficult decision. There's so much to consider based on what I knew was very likely going to happen some day. A season that's very likely going to be way too over hype for it's own good.

Dr. Robotnik does deserve a second chance. A lot of people really wanted him to face Bowser from Mario series. Now, I really get why a lot of people heavily demanded this particular fight. Both of them are arch enemies of legendary platformer heroes.

They do surprisingly got a lot in common. Despite a lot of strong differences between the two characters. Also, this is likely going to be one of one fight. Although, a war theme episode is a possibility.

This is very different from Eggman vs Wily episode in so many ways. For starters, this is more of science versus magic theme fight. We got one character that has a few possibile transformations. Dr. Robotnik has a lot of possible machines to hook up to use during a fight.

Very similar to Iron Man in his episode. Honestly, there's so much potential here. We already know it likely going to be an 3D fight. Even if it is done in sprites. I do still think it could work well enough to get the job done.

This fight is going to be very unique among majority of them. We got so many interesting possibilities what could happen here. Two legendary video game villains that just won't quit. Personally, Dr. Robotnik could get access to some of his more broken inventions like Time Eater.

There's no question this fight does need to happen on their show. A fight like this simply going to be truly impressive work. A lot of hard work in every possible regard. I do think this episode is going to be one of the finest ever done on their show.

New section

To clarify, I will go over a couple fights I did consider in some way. There's no way anyone could fully cover every huge request fights on the internet.

Honestly, stuff like Dumbledore vs Gandalf was pretty obvious whose going to win. I don't think there's enough demand right now to do Monkey D. Luffy vs Naruto Uzumaki right now. But like Dumbledore vs Gandalf, that fight would be obvious whose going to win. Same goes for Piccolo or Vision vs Martian Manhunter.

I do see people requesting Judge Dredd vs The Punisher often. I still don't think it's big enough to get in the season. Goku vs Superman Round 3 isn't going to happen during this season for two great reasons.

1. They already made two previous episodes that had the same victor

2. The entire point of Season 8 is doing their current biggest requests in a season

I strongly felt that would've been a major insult to the team having to doing the episode. They won't remake episodes like Ben 10 vs Green Lantern because it just wouldn't matter in the first place. I do think Cloud vs Link episode should get remastered for some choppy animations on Cloud's model.

I nearly went with Mumm-Ra but it's not an easy list to make. Of course, everyone wants Mumm-Ra to face Skeletor which would be way more interesting than their nemesis' fight. I am sure even it doesn't happen in Season 8, it's going to happen regardless.

Black Adam is likely going to show up soon on the show. Most likely against Apocalypse from Marvel being some unique animation fight. I didn't go with it for two great reasons. But I do like the concept of this particular fight.

1. Apocalypse's shape shifting ability can recreate any power he wants

2. I don't think the demand is big enough for this yet

The Lizard vs Killer Croc is another obvious winner fight. Same goes for Scarecrow vs Mysterio plus that request isn't big enough to be in Season 8. Duke Nukem vs Serious Sam also quickly follows in that category as well.

Doomguy aka Doom Slayer vs Master Chief rematch, honestly as much I would love to see this happen. I don't think it will be that different from their previous episode. Also, I don't think the demand for it despite being a long time isn't big enough.

Homer vs Peter already technically happened in an episode of Family Guy. I totally agree why a lot of people want this. But I just see more potential as well as surprises for Bart vs Cartman respectively.

I do notice people still requesting The Joker vs Green Goblin. It is so incredibly obvious who wins yet more people kept requesting this fight. Even if the demand was big enough, there's no way they are going to do it during Season 8.

To sum up, I went with mostly requested fights that had the greatest potential. Maka vs Ruby was already confirmed to happen in the near future. It could be Season 8 or the following season. I didn't pick it simply because this turned out to be a huge stomp in favor of Maka and Soul.

I rather go for fights that's more interesting to figure out who wins rather than those too obvious. I don't think this upcoming season going to do much joke fights. I hope this gives fellow DB fans an idea how I personally view all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment