Sunday, January 24, 2021

Jack Red reviews Last Year again

Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, I started with the older version of Last Year: The Nightmare. But how could you blame me since they didn't properly label the newer version on Steam. I recently bought the newer version to give this a more proper review. I don't want to repeat much of what I already said. So I'm going to link my review of the old version here.

https://jackred1989.blogspot.com/2021/01/jack-red-reviews-last-year-nightmare.html

Last Year currently stuck on Chapter 1: Afterdark. Which introduced a new classmate character named Raj. You also get one of the sickest killers in any multiplayer horror game I ever seen, The Spider. Honestly I'm very surprised how different this version was. They completely changed the in-game lobby design, I love it a lot more.

They also added an option to play as one of the classmate characters or the fiend side with three killers during the matches. It is no more randomly selecting someone to being the killer, I didn't like that in the old version. I really didn't like that in Friday the 13th: The Game. They also added two more maps making the current total of five maps.

There's hazards in those maps that can kill anyone or The Spider easily if they aren't careful. The Spider also gets help from the other spiders. The death animations from The Spider alone will put chills right down your spine. They also have Arcanum that's similar to a few modes in Dead by Daylight. You do challenges to possibly earn more outfits.

You also can earn perks the killers can use during matches. They also have cards as a form of in game currency where you can buy more outfits. Some outfits are exclusive to the events though. The game makes it clear, if you don't play the events you won't get em. They also had tutorial for both sides well done in my opinion.

I can say it got technically further than Hide or Die did. They already announced Chapter 2 a while back. Now this is subject to change due to their work being on hold. The newer version of Last Year has more people playing it. Honestly, this is a truly solid multiplayer horror experience. Even if it doesn't necessary become the next thing after DbD, there's no question it's one of it's best competitions out there.

Last Year looks even better in this newer version. I kinda wish chat in game lobby on the fiend side would work. I know a small issue but it's still a great game regardless. I have to say The Strangler remains my favorite killer in the game with The Spider being my second favorite. I felt this game deserves to live on to truly become amazing stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment