Sunday, January 3, 2021

My thoughts on Saints Row: The Third Remastered

On January 4th 2021, I gotten an 100% completion for that game a fourth time. But for the first time, I also gotten every achievement. I put a lot of works in the last few days to achieve this. I done it before with Saints Row IV: Re-Elected on PS4. Very likely going to to do it again on it's Xbox One counterpart soon.

Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, this will be a long blog. I will link my review of the game shortly. As many of you know I'm a huge Saints Row fan. I absolutely enjoy these games for a long time now. I was surprisingly able to get Saints Row: The Third Remastered during Christmas. I also got nearly caught up on Saints Row series for Xbox One.

https://jackred1989.blogspot.com/2017/04/jack-red-reviews-saints-row-series.html

Very recently, I gotten an 100 % completion for this game officially the fourth time. It is not often I do that, now I still got a lot of remaining stuff to do. But I just want to talk about my thoughts how I felt about this more recent version of a timeless classic. Honestly, it was beautifully remade with the art design receiving the biggest changes.

It is even more notable than Saints Row IV: Re-Elected in comparison. I should point out it may claim to have every dlc included. Both Bloodsucker Pack and Unlockable Pack are excluded. To be fair, both of those are also not included in some versions of Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package. Personally, Bloodsucker made it too easy in the beginning while Unlockable does take away from the overall experience.

A lot of people are fine just getting all rewards from one side of those decisions. Even more didn't like they had a dlc to cheating those decisions by giving you the other rewards as well. So I totally understand why both of those got excluded from this version. Regardless, everything else dlc wise is present here in full.

Keep in mind, a different team fully recreated the game for PC, Xbox One and PS4 respectively. I have to give them respect for nailing it this well. I am very impressed how faithfully it truly is. I had a few crashes but those were distance in comparison to both Dead Rising 2 games remastered versions. Which was much more common to happen.

They did remove a few achievements mostly the online coop ones. Thus, it is even more possible to get every achievement/trophy in this game. Very similar to how Saints Row IV: Re-Elected was done in that regard. I personally didn't own a Nintendo Switch neither it's port of the game, I still heard mixed things about it.

I would say for a game of this style it is one of the best remastered I played of this upcoming decade so far. Saints Row: The Third Remastered is a work of art maybe that's just me. They even kept a radio channel that's Adult Swim which got me by surprise due to being more licensed than channels with licensed songs.

I did notice some weird somewhat funny glitches as I was playing. Mostly getting into vehicles or when a homie does lol. Like when I jumped straight into a vehicle. Suddenly my character was standing upwards moving a little bit to sorta bounce away from the vehicle. This is a beautifully done remastered that I hope another Saints Row game in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment