Saturday, March 7, 2020

Who are my favorite & least favorite Mavericks? (Mega Man X series)

Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, Now it's The Mavericks' turn. Keep in mind, some of these were very straight forward while a handful really came down to particular things. Keep in mind, this is strictly my opinion only. You are likely not going to like my choices but if you end up loving it then good for you we're all winners here.

Now because there's a lot of Mavericks here. I will only explain my questionable choices. I figured I could do that to help explain how I view things. Also, not a lot of these would be on either fan's lists usually. So why not, I wanted to make my choices as crystal clear as humanly or in this particular case robotic accurate as possible.

Mega Man X

Favorite: Boomer Kuwanger


Least Favorite: Launch Octopus


Mega Man X2

Favorite: Wheel Gator


Least Favorite: Crystal Snail


Crystal Snail can be a little frustrating due to some of his moves. Also, you could damage him more depending on a few things. Otherwise, this boss fight likely takes longer than most of the Maverick boss fights. Keep in mind, you do have to face all eight of them twice. It is even worse going in without his weakness.

Mega Man X3

Favorite: Toxic Seahorse

Toxic Seahorse was one of the biggest surprises to me. They took an seahorse then made it strangely awesome here. His actual stage is rather unusual yet unique at the same time. His very appearance really stands out among all the Mavericks. Not only that, this guy is a lot of fun to take on. He is very true to his name of being toxic.

Least Favorite:  Tunnel Rhino


Mega Man X4

Favorite: Frost Walrus


I absolutely love Frost Walrus, sure he is huge. But he actually works way better you would expect. I strongly felt just his presence alone earned him a spot among my favorites. Not only that, I loved his stage as a whole. They took an Walrus & made it awesome like this. Frost Walrus is the best among the huge sized Maverick bosses in my opinion.

Least Favorite: Split Mushroom


The voice itself wasn't a good pick for this guy. Parts of his boss fight is clearly a play on having an acid trip. They must've been on mushrooms when they created him lol. Also, he quickly becomes too predictable during his boss fight. He doesn't have any notable moves that doesn't come off even the slightly annoyance.

Mega Man X5

Favorite: Burn Dinorex


Least Favorite: Crescent Grizzly


Mega Man X6

Favorite: Metal Shark Player


Least Favorite: Rainy Turtloid


OMG, this guy is simply too large. They added you needed to destroy two spots on his shell. Before you actually can damage him. He also has difficult to avoid moves as well. If that wasn't annoying enough, you can trigger acid rain in his stage that quickly eats away at your health thanks guy. Honestly, with the right gear he will go down quickly.

Mega Man X7

Favorite: Splash Warfly


Least Favorite: Flame Hyenard


Look I know by now the internet really knows how annoying this particular boss fight truly is. No one abuses lines as close as much. The actual boss fight is one huge poorly designed mess. The real boss is on the giant walking robot while his copies are constantly trying to play tag with you. Let's be honest, it makes boss fights like Gemini Man seem way better than it actually is I'm not kidding.

Mega Man X8

Favorite: Gravity Antonion


Least Favorite: Optic Sunflower


Come on really a robot based on an Sunflower lol. The voice acting for this guy is already laughable. Sadly, his stage is more like a series of mini games than a proper, bigger stage. The best part actually involves a cheat code to adding an extra boss fight just before his boss fight. You get to face Cut Man from Mega Man 1, if that's the best he has to offer I'm not buying sunflowers anymore lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment