Saturday, March 7, 2020

Jack Red reviews Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle

Hello everyone, I was very surprised I didn't review Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle yet. I think a lot of stuff came up thus I ended up forgetting about it. But I really felt bad because I really enjoy playing beat em up games more than some game genres out there truthfully. I think it's about time I put this to review so here's my review of Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle by yours truly.



There are seven classic Capcom beat em up games included. All seven of them are emulated beautifully here. You do get additional options to better suit the overall experience. Like changing the difficulty to being easier or harder as well as the amount of lives or even limiting your continues. Personally, I'm a huge fan of playing beat em up games with infinite continues.

You can play coop both offline as well as online. Well for one particular achievement/trophy you need to be online gold on Xbox or PlayStation Plus to get. Thankfully, the actual process of getting it is much easier than you would think. Most of them is simply beat the games continues are fine. Just imagine if they did it with a particular set of continues.

Honestly games like Final Fight for me wouldn't be doable on my own. There's also a gallery for pictures including those exclusively for this compilation. You also can play the Japanese versions if you choose to. I kinda felt a few aspects done a bit differently would've made this stand out more. I apologize in advance for even saying this here.

Compilations like most Mega Man Legacy Collection games & The Disney Afternoon Collection. To me, those seem to add more to the overall experience. Like most of those has challenges including boss fights. Also, their overall achievement/trophy section is much tougher to do. Well, oh okay there's some truth to that relating to The Disney Afternoon Collection.

The final six achievements I got left for that is essentially a strict two hour time limit version. You won't be allowed to use save states/load states or the rewind feature. In that regard, I felt those are more of a worthy challenge in comparison. I will say most of these games are replayable. Obviously some more so than others like Battle Circuit.

This screams what Capcom is all about folks. You get a complete package that delivers most of their arcade beat em up experience. I do wish stuff like both Dungeons & Dragons games or Magic Sword were included. Thankfully, you can still get those as far I'm aware on Xbox One. Yes you can save & load up your saves.

Obviously, parts to these games can be very easy to die a lot in. Especially during some of the later boss fights. Honestly, I am just happy to have a game compilation like this. Sure stuff like Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage & Golden Axe are technically better in their own way. But you are still getting an experience that you sadly won't get much of anymore.

There used to be a time where beat em ups were all over the place. Now not many franchises are holding up by today's standards. Technically speaking, Devil May Cry series would be the leading beat em up franchise that's still going now. Obviously, they couldn't get the rights to their Dungeons & Dragons games or Alien vs. Predator arcade game.

I will be more honest, Konami surprised the world a few times late in Xbox 360 & PS3 runs. They allowed both X-Men & The Simpsons arcade games to be ported. I kinda felt those had the better end of the stick in the additional content areas. Like both of those had major differences from the US versions to the Japanese versions.

Sure X-Men Arcade had even easier achievements than well this. But I kinda felt a few changes would've helped this compilation stand out more. I felt most of the line up is very solid for the most part. Just removing one of them for one or two particular games would've made this more mind blowing.

I am not saying I'm not grateful to own this because I am. It is just sad even Capcom didn't go the distance needed to bring back the genre like they could've done here. Truthfully, it isn't too bad to play with others during online sections. You might have some technical difficulties though. Overall, this is a solid game compilation that does fall flat in a few ways yet still delivers many hours of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment